35 》Wall of Fire

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say sorry. I kinda gave up on writing last week. Normally I'd leave a note but...yeah I didn't. I don't really have an excuse...I was just tired and sad because my country is in full no school lockdown and has been since Christmas. And I guess last week it caught up with me. I haven't seen any of my friends either and...yeah. Just sad I guess.

I was a little distracted today so I'm sorry it's late. In my defence...IT'S SNOWING! And that doesn't happen very often where I live so...YAY! (And I built a snowman if anyone wants to see it...)

Anyways...I'm really sorry. I hope the chapter quality makes up for it.

Xx

Also the song fits better with the chapter if played after Nico's POV.

《<>》

Nico

"So, uhhh...anyone wanna catch us up?" Robin Hood questioned.

Dick took a deep breath. "These guys are metas (sorta) and they're Percy's friends/cousins and they've been brainwashed according to Rachel who tells the future and we can't hurt them because they're friendlies but they will hurt us." Dick then sighed after making sure to replenish his lost air.

RH just nods, clearly not having understood.

Jason, however, wasn't going to wait for us to fill everyone in properly. He ran forwards with his sword raised, aimed at the three full-fledged heroes. Piper drew her ice-sword and advanced as well, but towards Max and Chuck, who also drew their respective weapons.

But I ignored them and blocked out the sound of metal on metal and the grunts of people locked in combat. Instead, I chose to focus on the other son of Apollo. I took a wary step towards him, holding my breath. But Will didn't move. He just stared with blank eyes; he just observed. Taking this as a sign he wouldn't attack, I spoke softly. "Will? It's me, Deathbreath. Don't you..." my voice cracked, "...Don't you remember me?"

I was so focused on Will and his dulled eyes that I forgot about the other demigod, Leo. At least until he stepped in front of Will, blocking him from my sight. He was stood inches from me, grinning like a psycho. He held his hand in front of his face and flames began to dance between his fingers. Suddenly he flung his hands by his sides and a wall of flame burst to life in front of me. I was knocked back as the heat flared in my face, burning my skin. I screeched, bringing my hand to my cheek. The wall of fire spread like there was a circle of oil around us and soon we were encased in a ring of flame.

Leo suddenly jumped forward through the curtain of heat with his hammer ablaze. Beside me, I was vaguely aware of the Martian fainting, but I was a bit more focused on the psychotic arsonist approaching.