Chapter 4

Izuku was laying in bed. Earlier that night he had managed to save someone from a kidnapping and multiple people from a robbery. He had gotten shot at a couple of times, but they were aimed at his torso which was covered by his turtleneck, he would still have some bruises the next day because of the impact, but other than that his injuries were minimal.

He had nearly run into Eraserhead again that night though, but he managed to hide before the Pro Hero had seen him, although he did notice that the hero had another scarf.

Izuku was also lucky again tonight because he would be able to get a bit of sleep before he had to go to his job in the morning. Izuku was working at a local library, his hourly rates weren't the best because he was mainly just helping the main librarian, but it was still enough money to get him through his monthly bills.

Izuku Midoriya drifted into a dreamless sleep that night.

—————————————————————————————————————

Izuku couldn't shake the stiffness that lingered in his body that day. He knew it would probably affect his late night vigilante work but he couldn't stop saving people just because he had slept wrong, besides, he was done with his work at the library so he could chill at the local park until it was time to go do his night job.

So that's what he did, he sat in the park peacefully watching the clouds and occasionally taking naps. A couple of times people would bother him about just sitting there, but he just ignored them, that is, until a familiar looking duo came into his line of sight.

Izuku's first reaction was to pretend he was asleep, so that's what he did, he closed his eyes and slowed his breathing a bit, then he listened.

"-n't see him at all last night," A gruff voice said. Izuku then heard the other figure sigh.

"Figures, we need to find a way to figure out who he is," The second voice responded.

'Who are they talking about?' Izuku thought to himself as he lay nearly motionless.

"How does he always manage to evade us? Not to mention his super hearing, it's almost like he can hear anything at any time, including my footsteps," The first voice groaned out, "Besides, I only have ten months until UA starts up again, meaning less time out looking for Ziro."

'Ah, so they're talking about me,' Izuku concluded.

"That's right, I forgot you expelled this year's class, and that just means that you'll have to work harder to find him," The second voice muttered.

"That means less sleep and less time with my husband, just what I needed," Izuku could practically hear the eye roll from where he was.

"Don't pull that sarcasm on me Aizawa- hey wait, isn't that the kid I nearly ran into the other day?" The second voice said.

'Ah shoot, they're going to come up to me,' Izuku thought to himself bitterly as he felt two pairs of eyes settle on him.

"How would I know?" The gruff voice-no, Aizawa said with an irritated sigh before he sharply, yet quietly inhaled, "Wait a minute, I bumped into him at the cafe yesterday."

"Should we see if he's alright?" The second voice who Izuku had determined to be the detective asked Aizawa.

'Nonononononononononono-'

"Yeah," Aizawa responded as he took a step forward. That one step turned into two, then three, then four before Izuku heard another pair of feet approaching.