━ author's note

I can't believe I'm even writing this author's note right now! Honestly, I haven't written an ending author's note in years. This is the second time I've even finished a book and the first one I finished doesn't even exist anymore because my dumbass deleted it.

I love this book so much. I think that in terms of characters, Diana is going to be one of my favorites. I sort of wrote about her sobriety because I struggled with my own for a while during this quarantine. I think that the last scene with Asher was an extension of what I wish I could do some of the guys in my life as well.

I'm probably gonna answer some literary questions in the comments but for now I have some answers to what may be some of the more frequently asked ones.

Is there going to be a sequel? More than likely yes! I know they're already in the process of casting the second film (funnily enough, Lana Condor herself is in a battle for a role with Heart Evangelista) so the likelihood that I'll write a second book for the net film is very likely! I've also already read the series so I have a pretty good idea about what I may write if the writers stick to the book's plot.

Will we see more of Joey in the future? Yes, 100%. I really wanted to write more of them but it just kind of felt right to end it where it was. What I liked about the first film was Astrid meeting her old love again and kind of leaving the audience wondering but knowing she'll be happy.

Will there be any updates to the currently written chapters? I'm going back and doing heavy editing soon. I'll be very honest, I completely forgot about some of the characters in this book, like Evangeline. The more I started writing, the more I realized her character added nothing to the story so I'm probably going to go back and edit her out. It's not really going to change anything vital to the book but I don't want to have a random character who's written into only two chapters of the book and contributes nothing.

That's about it for questions right now!

But anyways!! I'm so, so happy that you guys took this journey with me and enjoyed reading Diana's story as much as I loved writing it. If you want to see any of my other stories, I have a few more that I'm going to be releasing soon like a new Grey's Anatomy fic and a few more MCU stories.

I love you guys so much. Thank you. For everything.

- erin