━ chapter v

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

──── ❝ chapter v ❞ ────

❝ he can do no wrong ❞

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

        WHEN NEARLY EVERY MILLENNIAL IN Singapore is out of town for a bachelor/bachelorette party, the Gen Z kids decide to take over for the night. Especially since every child in any notable family has returned home for the century's greatest wedding, the lively streets of the island are filled with teens trying to get the best shoes they can to match the newest dress they just got shipped in from Paris. And while I'd much rather be tucked away in my bed watching anime- truthfully a secret obsession of mine that only Joey knows about- I'm one of those people.

         Avaline and I are busy skimming the jeweler's for the perfect necklace to accent my Jean Paul Gaultier, a jeweler in which unfortunately wasn't of much value since neither of our families trusts us enough yet to give us their private collectors locations. 

          "But it's whatever, I suppose," I huffed. "I've known for the longest where I stand in this family, but you'd think after two years they'd give me somewhat of a break."

         "Sweetie, your feelings are perfectly valid. Believe me, my parents have compared me to Asher on more than one occasion. It sucks, all the same, every time. Do you think this color stone would match my dress?" Ava questioned holding up a sickly green bracelet.

         "No. And maybe it's just time to call it quits. I mean, I'm basically the Prince Harry of this whole family because Lord knows Nick's the big, bald, ugly fucking William with his stupidly pretty Kate as his fucking princess! Oh, and did I mention Ah Ma actually likes the girl? So, once again, he can do no wrong!" I sighed, throwing myself onto one of the leather seats beside the glass display cases.

          "Well, maybe there's some good in being a Harry! You'll eventually find a Meghan Markle in your life! Or a Mark Markle? Whatever. But Harry is the fun one! Like, when has William ever had a fun scandal?"

          "Maybe so," I shook my head. "But wasn't Harry also the one who dressed up as a Nazi?"

          Ava halted her motions and stopped to look up at the ceiling in thought, "Doesn't matter!" She eventually decided. "Harry's the one who's allowed to make mistakes because he literally has nothing to worry about in terms of kingly image, right? I mean, I know that whole thing that went down at your school freshman year really bummed you out, but I say you take this as an opportunity to just enjoy what you got!