𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 [9]

WARNING: mentions of blood, doctors office, past case

          A FEW MONTHS HAD PASSED AND I finally got around to scheduling an ultrasound, even though I was now 21 weeks pregnant. Whoopsies. We've been so busy with work lately I just haven't had the chance to make an appointment until now. I looked around before finally finding my red t-shirt and black leggings. I put on my red converse and pulled my hair into a ponytail. We were excited and we were going to find out the gender today which made today 10 times more exciting than it already was.

"Y/N are you ready yet?" Spencer asked.
"Yup! Are you?" I questioned as I walked out to him.

     He nodded as he saw me, smiling before pulling me close and setting his hand on my small bump. It was barely noticeable but we knew it was there. We soon gathered our things and made our way to the car so we could head to the doctors office. On the way there Spencer set his hand on my thigh and I smiled a little, maybe we could go back to normal? When we arrived to the doctors office Spencer helped me out of the car and we walked in together. Once we got inside I signed in and we sat down waiting for my name to be called.

     Soon my name got called and we were taken to a private room, we were told the doctor would be in soon. I sat down on the bed and lifted my shirt a little knowing that they would have to put gel on it. I at least knew that much. When the doctor came in she squirted the gel on my belly and grabbed the wand, swiping it over my belly until we saw a little baby pop up on the screen. Spencer and I's eyes widened, we giggled happily as we watched the baby on the screen.

"Would you like to know the gender?" The doctor asked,
"Yes! Yes please!" I said, excitement in my voice.
"Alrighty." She smiled as she moved the wand around, looking.
"Spence what do you want?" I asked.
"It doesn't matter angel as long as the baby is healthy and happy" He replied.
"Okay guys...you're having a baby...boy!" The doctor smiled.

     I smiled widely before looking at Spencer whose smile was as wide, almost bigger as mine. Spencer reached over and hugged me. He was beyond happy no matter the gender but I think having a mini him running around made it a lot better. I smiled as he let go, I don't think I have ever seen him this happy. Soon they wiped the gel off of my belly, I pulled my shirt down and I smiled a little before sitting up. The doctor printed the ultrasound pictures and handed them to me, I looked to Spencer before we said thank you and goodbye. We made our way to the car to drive back home. When we got back home Spencer helped me inside and we sat on the couch.

"Can we think about names now?" He asked.
I let out a laugh. "Yes Spence we can think about names"
"Okay great, cause I have a few that I like that I think you will like!" He smiled.
"Okay shoot" I giggled.
"Oliver, Ollie for short. Theodore, Theo for short. Leo, or Easton" He spoke.
"Spencer I love Oliver and Leo.." I smiled.
"How about Leo Oliver Reid?" He questioned.
"I love it" I smiled as I laid my head on his shoulder.

     Soon I fell asleep in his arms. Spencer held my belly the whole night. The next morning when we woke up I looked around before feeling 'butterflies' in my stomach. I set my hand on my belly feeling him move around, I smiled. I got up and made my way to the kitchen to fix a glass of water, Spencer was letting me drink coffee. I fixed him a cup of coffee and set it on the counter before going to figure out what I was going to wear today. I rummaged through my clothes, soon I'm gonna be needing to buy more clothes that'll be 'appropriate.' I finally found a blouse that fit me at this moment, and a pair of black stretchy slacks. I changed and brushed my hair before braiding it. I applied light makeup and made my way back out to the kitchen, watching Spencer drink his coffee.

"Good morning angel" Spencer smiled.
"Morning Spence" I replied.
"How is our little man?" Spencer questioned, looking at me.
"He's good, moving around a lot" I smiled, grabbing his hand and setting it on my belly.
"That's, that's him moving?" Spencer smiled widely.
"Yeah Spence, that's Leo moving." I giggled.

     Soon we got in the car and drove to work, excited to tell everyone what we were having. When we got their, we walked in and I saw a bouquet of roses sitting on my desk. I quirked a brow, did Spencer get me these? I looked at them before grabbing the card and reading it 'Zugzwang.' I called Spencer over not knowing what this had met, I was now scared and worried for my baby. I looked at him as he read the card, his face going pale.

"Zugzwang...no no no not again shit!" He hissed.

     Hotch walked over, hearing Spencer. He was worried and was wondering what was going on. He looked to us and Spencer told him what the card said and Hotch immediately gathered us all into the round table. I looked around as we all sat down, I was waiting for an explanation.

"Zugzwang is what was said before my girlfriend Maeve was killed." Spencer explained.
"W-What?" I choked out. How much danger was I in?
"Diane Turner killed herself along with Maeve in front of Spence, so as far as we know. We have no idea who the unsub could even be" JJ added.
"Great, just great." I sighed. "I can't just sit here a-and wait!"
"You won't y/n, you won't. We will get you extra security.." Rossi reassured.
"I-It's a boy, we are gonna name him Leo. I don't wanna lose him, don't let me lose him." I said as tears welled in my eyes.
"You aren't gonna lose him y/n we promise you" Derek reached over and grabbed my hand.
"You don't know that! We make these promises all the time and they don't s-stick!" I sobbed.

Authors Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Reader is having a boy! I hope you guys like the name it actually took a long time to think of and see if I even really liked it.