seventeen

"If you truly love someone you would never do anything to hurt them."

  "I think that means you have to kiss me

"I think that means you have to kiss me."

"What? You were serious about that?" Dream asked, confused and suddenly becoming nervous.

"I'm kidding, you don't have to kiss me." She laughed.

"So did you actually have a good time?"

"Yes I did." Lilly smiled.

"Oh my god you scared me." He let out of a sigh of relief.

  "I promise I had a really good time, I just wanted to mess with you."

"You know you have to block Josh now." He gave her a look, hoping she would actually go through with it.

"I know, just give me time please?" Tears were pooling in her eyes, not wanting to become vulnerable she sat up straight and made the tears go away.

"Lilly?" Dream's voice had suddenly became low.

"Hm?" She turned her head to him, seeing him stare at her neck. Panic shot through her, the makeup must have washed off in the rain.

"What's that?"

"Oh it's nothing, I hurt myself a couple days before I came here doing something stupid. It's nothing to worry about." She put on a fake smile, he wasn't convinced.

"You told me he didn't hurt you."

"He didn't, like I said I accidentally hurt myself."

"There is no way you did that to yourself Lilly." He wasn't going to believe any lie she told him. Standing up, Lilly started walking towards the car, ready to change the subject.

"Let's get out of the rain." She suggested. When she climbed into the passenger seat, Dream was putting the blanket in the back of the car. When he came back around and sat in the driver's seat. As much as he wanted to be mad at her, he knew that she felt like she couldn't tell him for her own safety.

"Lils, I wish you would've told me. I don't want you going anywhere near him, it's too dangerous."

"He isn't dangerous. He just got a little bit upset it's not a big deal."

"He physically abused you, boyfriends don't do that. He is awful to you."

"But he says he loves me." Her voice cracked, she wasn't going to hide the tears this time.

"I know, but if you truly love someone you would never do anything to hurt them."

"So he's been lying this whole time?" Lilly met Dream's eyes and he just wanted to leap over to the other side of the car and hold her.