Chapter 1

I was cuddling with my husband of 1 year, when I heard a loud hard knock on my front door. I was about to stand up when he got on top of me. "I'll get it babe." he said as he kissed me. I kissed him back and his left hand ran up my side and the right down my body. And it felt so-

KNOCK KNOCK.

"I'll see what they want." he said as he kissed my forehead and got off of me. A few minutes later I heard Hector yelling.

"Baby! Please help me!" he shouted. "Baby!"

I ran out of the bedroom and saw some military men trying to drag him out of the house. He was yelling and screaming to me. I ran up to him . "What are you doing?!" I asked the military men as I tried to pull them off of Hector.

The man shoved me off of him and onto the wall.

"He is a criminal! A Murderer! An Assassin! We have finally found him!" He yelled, trying to pull Hector towards the police van.
A murderer? Assassin? The sweet man I know, that I married? He couldn't be. I stood up and walked towards him. He stopped struggling and looked at me. The military men also stop moving. I felt several tears flow down my face as I looked him in the eyes.
"Is that true? Tell me this is a huge prank my love. Please" I pleaded. He just put his head down. I saw his tears hit the ground. "Answer me."
He looked up at me. I could see the pain in his eyes. He was telling me that he was sorry with his eyes.

"Baby. I'm sorry. It is" he cried. "I love you."

"I love you too." I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

His hands were shackled behind his back, but he snuggled his head into my neck and cried. We stayed there for what felt like a hours while we cried because he was leaving me. This can't be real. The trips he took me on, the adventures we took and the love we shared. And he could never tell me. All of this time. I don't care that he is a criminal, I still love him. Nothing can and will ever break that.
I kissed his forehead then his lips.

"It's time to go now ma'am." The man looked at me. I kept my eyes on my husband as I went behind him and took the ring off his left hand.

"I'll give this back to you when I see you again."

"You promise?" he asked.

"Yes. I promise." I laughed.

I kissed him one last time before they dragged away. I gave a slight smile as I watched him leave. As I saw them drive off, I broke down while going inside the house.

What am I gonna do now? I can't raise this baby on my own. I need him.