Chapter 9: It's Just A Nightmare

Delirious' POV

I was just laying on my bed at home. Evan was in the kitchen making dinner for the two of us.

I fucking knew it.. I knew it was a dream. As soon as Evan admitted his feelings for me, I knew it was a dream. Deep down I knew. But I kept denying it. But why did it feel so real? I never had a dream like that before. Do I tell Evan about it? And if I do.. do I tell him everything? "Delirious, come on. Dinner is ready." I sighed and got up. I feel like an absolute wreck.

I didn't say anything at dinner, I just stayed silent. "You okay, bud?" Bud. Heh. "Yeah, Evan. I'm fine." I replied still staring at my plate. "You don't sound or look fine." I rolled my eyes and looked at him, "Yeah, well. Don't worry about it."  "Does this have to do with your dream in the hospital?" He asked taking mine and his plate. "Maybe." I mumbled. It does, but why do you care? "Tell me about your dream?" "Sure, Evan. Why not." I got up and walked to the living room.

It took almost three hours trying to tell him everything. After telling Evan the whole dream, I felt weird. I even told him the part about him confessing his feelings to me and the kiss before he died. Evan didn't say anything about that he just smiled. It was nerve wrecking. "So, that's why you're acting like this? It's just a nightmare, Delirious." Is all he said. I sighed at that, "A dream that felt too real."

"Some dreams are like that. It messes with your mind."

"And feelings." I mumbled.

He tilted his head a bit, "What do you mean feelings?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. I'm going to bed. You can sleep with me in the bed when you get tired." He slowly nodded and I turned away and went in my room, avoiding his question.  Why can't I just do it? Why can't I just... tell him how I feel about him? This is what I get for being a chicken. I laid down in my bed and looked out my window, the moon was out with clouds surrounding it. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

4/23/15 Edit A/N: Holy shit this is a short chapter. Good thing there are more chapters. Jesus. I honestly felt no inspiration at the time to keep going with this story.