36|The Walk Into Forever.

Help me point out mistakes and typos please. Thank you.

0o0

Yaays.

This is my birthday update😂. I'm a baby of the year.
01/01. I know that I'm thirteen days late.

Happy Birthday to every January born we have here. We love you (Idk who's we though but I do love you). Belated Happy Birthday Vivian Iduh my love❤️♥️.

0o0

When I left home, I left with my friends and a few of my relatives. Now, standing outside the doors of Kamal's family home waving at the people who brought me here had me clutching at the hands that were holding me back, Mommy's hands.

I cried in her arms before we walked back into the house.

Today I was clad in a Mustard Yellow and Blue Ankara skirt and blouse, wrapped around me was a blue veil, likewise the colour of my flats.

Most of the guests that were here for the wedding were now gone, only Mommy, Amna, Khadijah were the ones I knew but from the boisterous sounds coming from Daddy's sitting room (Amna said that, not me) it was clear that he had guests of his own.

Less than an hour later, Kyda, Layyah and Haifa came. In the time I spent with all five of them I got to know a lot about their attitudes. Kyda was the reserved type who only speaks when it's necessary, Layyah her younger sister is one who obviously is a hopeless romantic from the way she has been gushing over their love stories when I asked of hers boom just like a turtle she went back into her shell. Amna of course is a tad bit crazy, but she's so much fun, Khadijah is witty and so confident and smart, then Haifa the one whose age is much closer to mine among the wives is the shy type, she can barely look at a person straight in the eye and just like the rest of them, she is super beautiful.

If I wasn't an overconfident person I would've felt intimidated by their beauty but trust Amirah Bawa, Kamal's Maryam to assure herself that she's the prettiest of them all.

That's exactly who I be.

I didn't ask on when I was going to be taken to my home, it was obvious that I wasn't spending the rest of my life in this house so I calmed myself down by telling my mind to be patient. We were getting there.

I talked with Ummi twice over the phone today which was super rare. One was even a video call. You hear that, me and Ummi. I'm doing the air quotes with my fingers while saying this.

The girls left, leaving me alone with only the in-laws.

Next thing I know, I was being summoned by Kamal's father. Wish me luck.

0o0

AUTHOR'S pov

Amirah sat on the carpeted floor before Daddy who then abruptly stopped her from doing that before ordering that she sits on one of the sofas that were spread out in the living room. With her head lowered, she greeted him. Something about him made her feel small in the room, perhaps it was his charisma or his nature. He intimidated her.

"I'm sure you feel surrounded by strangers right now my daughter, calm down. For a father to marry his daughter off into a family he isn't close to is a great sacrifice but Inshaa Allah we will fulfill the promise we made to your father to take care of you so Bi iznillahi ta'aala you are in good hands Maryam" he stopped to take a breath.