The Crying Boy

The reapings are different this year as they want to have different days for the reapings of  the different District. They want to commemorate each victor and showcase their Hunger Games that lead to their Victory. I think this is just a tactic by the Capitol to show the Victor's that you are responsible for your tributes life. If you did not win they wouldn't be here,they would have been free(as free as you can be in the Districts). Day one of the reapings start with District one. With 10 Victor's 3 hours are spent on clips of the Victor's Hunger Games. This broadcast lasts 3 hours which is more than I could bare. My eyes become frozen on the screen hoping for some glimpse of entertainment. But there is never anything entertaining on the television. Only news or Hunger Games, which both I find distasteful for different reasons. After a special segment on the brother and sister Victor's of District 1 the reaping start. The regular formalities occur,which adds on the information since District 1 had 5 female and 5 male victors the tributes shall be picked in this ratio. Then the escort reaches into the bowl full of names and before he even opens up the slip of paper a voice echoes across the crowd: "I volunteer." It's a career district, what do you expect. Before you know it five girls have already volunteered and they stand on stage smiling and waving to the crowd. The boys are next and everything is going as expected, until the final tribute.
"Magnus Finch," the escort says already dismissing the piece of paper waiting for a volunteer, but none come forward. The escort looks confused as this is the first time in his career that there has been no volunteer for a tribute. A boy that must be Magnus Finch gingerly walks up to the stage. His brown hair flows in the wind as he takes his position on stage. He looks about 16 and is looking like hes trying to hold it together. He looks out at the crowd, fixating on something in the distance. The camera follows his gaze and a woman screaming for someone to volunteer is shown moving towards the stage. Peacekeepers hold her back from the stage and tears are flooding her eyes. Magnus' shoulders slumps,his face becomes contorted. I realise he is trying not to cry but is failing miserably. Suddenly the escort says well done to the lucky tributes for being in such an important Hunger Games. He ends by shoving the tributes backstage and being in such a hurry he forgot to say the saying said at every reaping since probably the beginning of the games.May the odds be ever in your favour.