Chapter 1 - Found

I froze. Everything in my boy has tensed up again. I was about to spin to see who had confronted me, but I stopped myself at the last moment. I didn't want to reveal the fact that I'm human to them.

'Sorry, wrong house. I'll just be leaving soon.'

As I creaked the door back open, I saw that same pack of anthropomorphic warrior dogs still sniffing around, and promptly closed the door yet again.

I realized I will have to spill the beans to the person who confronted me. I didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

So long, staying alive.

I turned around.

The ...' person' in front of me was tall. Not as tall as Toriel, but of a similar height. He looked a bit skeletal, but not completely. He was not the usual human skeleton, but he wasn't animal either. He was very humanoid. But his face - it was oval. It had little or no detailing features, like crevices. It was very plain, with two large eye sockets that had glowing white pinpricks of eyes inside. He didn't have a nose or any nose hole or whatever it is, and he had his...mouth closed. There were no teeth visible. There was only a line. Like if a human had their lips pressed together, minus the actual lips.

He was quite lanky, the only round feature being the aforementioned face. He was wearing quite business casual clothes - a black turtleneck and a pair of pressed dark gray trousers.

As strange as it may seem, my immediate thought was that he was kind of handsome, oddly.

His facial expression switched to a more puzzled look, and I had just realized I had been gawking at him, my mouth open and eyes wide. (Not that he could see much of it, I still had my hood on and scrunched up.

'S-sir. I-'

I realized I had to let him know. I can't go outside like this, or those monsters will sniff me out.

I took my hood off, revealing my human self.

His expression froze, wide-eyed. (Wide eye -socketed? I'm still not sure how any of this worked.)

'I'm human. I fell down here and I'm so scared, and I was walking, and then these dogs came, and they were talking about bringing a human to a king, and they had weapons, and I ran, and then they ran after me, and I was scared, so I hid, and I'm so scared, I- ..I-'

The tears that so far were only threatening to spill finally did. I can't do this. He's totally going to kill me. I'm fucked. Everything's fucked. I'm going to die here.

But to my bewilderment, he just let out a soft chuckle.

Through my blurred eyes, from the build-up of tears that had settled there, I saw him covering his mouth with his hand casually, as his shoulders bounced.

I couldn't believe it. He's going to kill me and he's laughing about it.

'If you're going to murder me and bring me to your stupid king, at least don't laugh about it like a maniac, you dickhead!' I yelled, not being able to control my emotions anymore.

He snorted and uncovered his mouth.

'I'm sorry I shouldn't be laughing, I know. Oh my god, you are actually in a terrible situation and I'm over here like...like-'

He straightened his back. 'Okay. Let's start over.' He smiled. 'I am Wing Din Gaster. Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. What's your name?'

I didn't feel quite right, so I couldn't release much tension. All I managed to do was wipe my facial fluids into the sleeve of my hoodie, and swallow the rest of my tears.