THIRTY-THREE.

(hi friends!! couple of things to say before we get started, the first being something i forgot to last time, but i just wanted to thank scy (scylergreene) and valepvv (i don't have ur username bc you told me ur spotify through uquiz so just lmk w...

(hi friends!! couple of things to say before we get started, the first being something i forgot to last time, but i just wanted to thank scy (scylergreene) and valepvv (i don't have ur username bc you told me ur spotify through uquiz so just lmk who u are and i'll get ur user up here asap) for the playlists they made for sld and for giving me something to obsess over for the last couple of weeks. they're basically all i've been listening to and it is wild to see that y'all have THIS many songs that remind u of jess and marley. you can find these playlists under the titles "HOWL FOR CARL SOLOMON" from user valepvv and "j&m" from user Scyler Eijgermans!! thank u thank u thank u i love u both dearly.)

(number two, the amount of people who have let me know that sld is their comfort fic is literally unbelievable. it is so, so sweet to think that some of u guys turn to this hunk of shit for comfort, much like i do with the actual gilmore girls show. it's fucking heartwarming to know i can continue that feeling for some of you almost 15 years after the show ended and i just.... wow i love u. my ego is sky high bc of y'all so it's ur fault that i'm the way that i am.)

(finally, number three; i have gotten MANY messages about the plans that i have for this fic and how it's gonna end and if there's going to be a sequel. as of right now, i have no plans for a sequel. this fic will soon be divided up into 3 parts, and as you probably assumed, we're currently in part 2. part 3 will begin in a couple of chapters and will be approximately 10 chapters long. [don't quote me on that. subject to change.] everything will be finalized and wrapped up in that part and the epilogue. however! i do have plans for 2 short spin offs of sorts. one i know y'all will like, the other... is a bit of a shot in the dark, but i'm excited for it. more to come on that. but the important thing here is to know that sld is a one and done show. and we've got about 13 chapters to go after this one. scary.)

(alright. let's get into it. ur fuckin comments on the last update were some of the funniest shit ever. i love u guys. so much. or tons. you know how it goes. -mags)

✧✧✧

"HE FUCKING WHAT?" Lauren screamed, voice echoing off the walls of her and Chris's shared room in Truncheon in a way that made Marley flinch, almost triggering her to cry harder. "And you... you! You fucking what?"

Marley's words were muffled against the palms of her hands. "Can you stop yelling?" she sniffled.

"No! How-- Why-- I-- Dude!" Lauren was sputtering, trying to approach her point but failing every time. She whipped around with her arms open in question. "Why are you crying right now? I don't get why you're crying!"

"How do you not get--"

"Marley, this is a good thing! He finally made a move! You! You finally made a move! What is the issue here?" she asked, truly unable to understand why she was reacting in this way. "This isn't something to be crying about!"