THIRTY.

(hi friends! it's been a minute! first of all, i would like to thank and give a huge ass shoutout to the ever-so-talented Ilovebildip for this absolutely insane art of marley based on chapter 17 because hooooolllyyy shit!!)

(IT'S LITERALLY THE MOST GORGEOUS THING IVE EVER SEEN I DON'T KNOW HOW A PERSON CAN BE SO TALENTED! THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN ABBY I LITERALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS OOOHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOOOOODDDDD!)

(secondly, hi! i miss y'all when i was gone! happy to be back! i'm hoping to have the next one of these up by christmas bc my finals are this week (rip pray for me) but we'll see how motivated i am. i kind of suck when i comes to updating but ive literally never been busier in my life! apologies! hope you enjoy! love you all tons! -mags)

✧✧✧

JESS AWOKE AT twelve in the morning to his phone ringing loudly on his bedside table.

He squinted at the clock and audibly groaned. He didn't have work tomorrow or anything, but this was the first night for him in weeks that he'd gotten to bed before eleven. His friends called him an old man, but he didn't care. There were few things that he liked more than sleep.

One of them just so happened to be calling right now. She was in New York for one of her father's many fundraisers and most likely calling him shitfaced (which was a bi-weekly occurrence, even if they were hanging out together), but he figured that he'd pick up anyway. He sighed and fumbled to grab his phone from its charger, flipping it open to answer it. "Hey," he mumbled.

"Hey, it's me," Marley said slowly. Jess immediately noticed the slur in her voice.

"You know it's midnight, right? Some people like to sleep at midnight."

Marley didn't seem to register anything he'd said."I'm going to tell you something right now, but you have to promise that you can't get mad at me or anyone involved."