The third part

David R from the municipal department was an asshole. That wasn't a word Lex used often, but it was the most apt description he could muster. Lex had run ins with this man before, and he was a smug, insufferable asshole. He looked like any woman's dream, tall, dark, handsome. But as soon as he opened his mouth, you wish you could zipper it closed.

Lex entered the meeting room, already frustrated, but when David said—

"Lex Luthor, my man! What's crappening?"

Lex wanted to take the stapler off the table and staple David to the wall.

"David, have a seat." Lex tried to keep his voice even, but the edge was undeniable.

David quickly sat down. Lex wasn't often serious, so his employees had learned to fear the even keel in his voice.

"So HR has told me that you've been accused of some pretty serious things."

David smacked his hands on the table, leaning forward.

"What? What are you talking about?"

Lex eyed him, until David returned to his seated position. Lex continued, making his way to the other side of the table. He turned his back to David so the man wouldn't see the rage just below the surface.

"Do you think it's funny to harass women, David?"

David sputtered for a moment. "What? Of course not. Some of my best friends are women? Who said that?"

Lex waited for a moment, his hands trembling with anger.

"Having women as friends doesn't mean you don't harass them. Do you understand that?"

"Who said I harassed them? I want to straighten things out, make things right!" David objected again.

"You won't be talking to anyone, David. You're fired."

"What? You can't fire me, this is only a first offense!"

"This is only the first time I've called you out, HR has been to your desk and email many times," Lex turned to face the man, who had lost all color in his face. "But you already knew that. I want your stuff out of your desk but 4pm."

David's face morphed into something that looked like another objection before settling on a scowl.

"If those girls didn't like me, they should've just said so. Why do women always do stuff like this. I'm losing my job because they don't know how to not play mind games."

Lex clenched his fists. "You're dismissed, David."

Lex dropped by the cafeteria to pick up his lunch. He could just have a private chef prepare him something, but he secretly hoped he would run into Suzette again. He didn't spot her in the mob of employees chatting pleasantly, or in the lunch line. He did manage to spot Edith though, and flagged her down.

"Edith, my dear! Have you seen our newest recruit around?" He asked.

Edith gave a sigh. "No, Mr Luthor. I haven't seen her since this morning. Try checking her cubicle?"

Lex nodded, and squeezed Edith's shoulder gently before shambling to the elevator, tray of pizza in hand.

Upon arriving to her office, Lex scanned the cubicles for her dark hair. He spotted her by the coffee maker, pouring a fresh cup. He jogged over to her, before being cut off my David. The man approached Suzette quickly. Although they were speaking quietly, Lex could still make out their tense conversation.

"..was it you? I got fired because of you. I didn't mean to offend you. If you didn't want to go out, you could've just said so." David's voice held poorly concealed contempt.

"I-I did. You didn't listen to me, you—"

Suzettes voice squeaked out, only to be cut off with a gasp as David slammed a hand against the wall she was leaned up against.

"Leave me alone," her voice was weak and strained.

"No, you listen to me. You think you can tease me, and walk around with ass out in that tiny little skirt and not attract attention? I think you like it. Women like dominance, don't they? This is what you wanted, isn't it. You filthy little—"

Lex rushed forward and grabbed David by his collar.

"David, just the person I wanted to see! You're supposed to be leaving, aren't you? Are ya all packed up? 4pm will be here before you know it."  His eyes shone with wrath.

"Lex! I was just—" David began to defend himself.

"Uh-uh!" Lex waggled a finger in his finger. "Don't you try to lie to me. I always know." Lex chuckled and tightened his grip. "Why don't you go on back to your desk?" He let go of David's collar, and David scrambled off.

"Are you alright? He's such a brute, isn't he?" Lex asked, giving Suzette a once over to check for bruises.

"I'm okay..just shaken. Thanks boss," Suzettes face was pale with fear.

"Why don't you come have lunch with me, my dear?" Lex held out an elbow for Suzette to hold onto.

Suzette nodded wordlessly, and latched onto Lex's arm. He could feel her heartbeat through his arm, and it thrummed like a hummingbird. He felt his face warm, both with anger and embarrassment as his heart matched pace. He led her to the elevator, setting his pizza on a nearby table and closing his free hand over Suzettes.

No one would hurt her like like again. He wouldn't allow it. And neither would the so called hero who failed to help her today.

Superman.