4

TW's:
*I think we got over it that this guy is evicted now

This day had passed quickly, I lived on two doughnuts and I never cried harder and longer than I did today. Of course, I was happy the boy came up to me and gave me coffee, it made me extremely happy. But he left again, and I was left alone here, in the cold on the streets. Before I knew it was almost getting night, my phone had survived but it was almost dying. And then, then I had nothing anymore. Then I didn't know when the boy was coming, maybe he was never coming anymore and was it just out of pity.

I fell asleep while crying that evening when it was way passed midnight. I woke up four times at midnight and my phone had died when I woke up that morning. The sun hadn't even risen yet and I immediately started crying again. I had to get used to my new life now. I grabbed my bags and opened them. Some clothes revealed themselves. I looked around me, no one was here. I quickly changed my hoodie and sat up on the bench, pulling the blanket far over myself.

I cried the whole time, the tears just kept coming. I was alone, I was cold, I had no house, I had nothing. One day ago you drink a tasty cup of coffee, lay down on a couch, game a little on a PC and sleep in a bed and now- now I'm here. I wished I paid my rent, but I couldn't. If I knew I would get evicted, I would have done everything I could to stay there.

I was counting the seconds away, I was extremely bored and sad. Maybe the boy would come soon. I could maybe ask his name and start a conversation. He probably didn't want to. I laid down again, crawling myself up. I closed my eyes, I was so tired. Just when I was about to fall asleep with tears rolling down my face, I heard a voice.

'Hi.'

I looked up at the face of the boy. I immediately smiled.

'Are you alright?' he asked. He sounded a little shy.

I quickly wiped my tears away and nodded. 'Yeah, I'm uh- fine.'

He grabbed his bag and opened it. I saw him grabbing something and it revealed a warm and cosy blanket. He handed it to me.

'Here you go.'

'Aww, thank you so much,' I whispered. I noticed my cheeks heating up a little. Why was he doing this for me?

'Do you uh- maybe know the time? My phone kind of died.'

'Oh, yeah. Give me a second.' He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and opened it. I looked at his lock screen, it was a picture of him and a little older lady. Maybe his mother? It was cute.

'It's ten past eleven.'

'Thanks, may I ask what your name is?'

'I'm George, you?'

'Clay,' I said, I shook his hand. 'Thank you so much for doing this for me.'

'No worries, man. Do you want some coffee?'

'I don't really have anything to make it with though.'

'Don't worry, I can make you some. I live close to here.'

'If it's not too difficult for you to get it.'

'No, I'm back in ten minutes.'

He started running away and I laid down again, pulling my new blanket over me. I directly started warming up a little. I could only smile now, I didn't understand why I deserved this, but I was so extremely glad he helped me and came to me to bring me some stuff. It took him around ten minutes to come back, he was walking a little slower with two cups of coffee. He sat down next to me after I made some space for him and gave me the cup of coffee.

'It might not be that warm, but I hope you like it.'

I nodded heavily. 'I love coffee so much in the morning.'

'Have you been out here for long?' George asked.

I shook my head. 'Just two days.' I immediately felt tears coming up in my eyes.

George smiled encouraging at me and tapped my shoulder softly.

'You are going to be okay, yes?'

'I don't think I will-.'

'I got you, just give me a little. Wait, I'm going to be back in twenty minutes, okay?'

And he ran off.

736 words