44) Dinner for four

MARCH 28

Adrienne was in a very good mood because Genevieve and Walter had visited her just a couple of hours ago. She was surprised when they came at first because she assumed they would want nothing to do with her after the divorce. On the contrary, Genevieve was ecstatic that Adrienne had finally separated from Noah. Walter, as usual was being a naughty little kid and had disappeared mid-conversation. But thankfully, Genevieve had found him and they had left the nursery only a few hours ago.

Currently, Adrienne had just finished tending to a batch of Mandrakes. It was 12:30 PM which meant she had an hour off for lunch. "See you in an hour Mrs. Longbottom!" she called out before grabbing her bag and heading back to the Leaky Cauldron to get something to eat.

"I've got the usual out for you Addie" the waitress, who had recently become a friend of Adrienne's, smiled, resting a plate of sandwiches on the creaky wooden table.

"Thanks a bunch Maggie, I'm starving" Adrienne laughed, seating herself on the chair and starting to eat slowly. Sandwiches at the Leaky Cauldron was her comfort food, and Maggie always made them best. Maggie quickly undid her apron and sat on the chair opposite to Adrienne, letting out a huge sigh of relief "I've been on my feet since morning, I'm exhausted" she muttered.

"You've been turning in late these past few nights, anything I need to know?" Adrienne waggled her eyebrows, causing a blush to rise on Maggie's cheeks.

"Remember that guy I told you about?" Maggie said shyly. "That guy? The one whose name you won't tell me? So he's the reason you've been so exhausted" Adrienne smirked.

"No, no it's not like that. We haven't actually done anything besides kissing a couple of times. Every time I initiate something he pulls away, as if he has someone else on his mind" she sighed dejectedly.

"Does he have someone else on his mind? An ex-lover perhaps?" Adrienne asked. "I dunno, he hasn't told me anything, it's like he's got some well kept secret that's stopping him from dating anyone else" Maggie laughed tiredly.

"Ooh so he's the mysterious type, I like" Adrienne joked, "But you seem to really like him, I hope things work out for you. Any chance I get to know who he is?" Adrienne asked. Maggie's eyes widened, "I have an idea! How about we do a double date? I can bring him and you can bring someone else, I know loads of people who'd be interested in you, Addie"

Adrienne wasn't sure if she could bring herself to date anyone, especially because she had just had a divorce but mostly because she still wasn't over Fred. Every time she looked at a man, he was the only one who came to mind. It pained her to know that Fred remembered not a single bit of her and the memories they shared together.

"Like who?" Adrienne asked, sipping from a glass of orange juice. "We've got Neville Longbottom though he's dating Hannah Abbott I think, he can still come as your friend. Then we've got Elijah, Deion..." as Maggie was listing names, in walked Draco Malfoy, his coat slinging on his arm. He caught sight of Adrienne and waved at her.

"Hey Adrienne" he grinned. But then his gaze landed on Maggie and he stuttered slightly, "H-hi, I'm Draco Malfoy" he said. Maggie smiled, introducing herself and Adrienne immediately noticed the way Draco looked at her. Usually, he was very confident and charming with girls, but his words seemed to disappear from his mouth when he tried to talk to her.

"Anyway, I'll see you later, think about the date and let me know Adrienne" Maggie said cheerily before heading into the kitchens. Draco looked at Adrienne, his jaw slightly dropped, "She's gorgeous" he said. Adrienne shook her head, resting her fingertip on his chin and closing his jaw "Stop gawking"

Draco pursed his lips together, "Oh well, I was just here for a quick coffee because I've got to head to the Ministry in a bit for some important work" he said, quickly ordering a takeaway. Adrienne grabbed her bag that was slung across the back of her chair, "Yeah I should get back to work too, got some unruly Devil Snares to take care of" she said, "We'll catch up after work?"