Chapter 8: Nightmare

"Many Hunters survived the Night of the Hunt, but they still remember the night. "

+++++

So, do you have any reports about him?” Ozpin asked from his desk. It has been a day since Glynda came from her mission. It surprised him when she and the man called Hunter meet Summer during her mission.

“His name is Nathaniel, Ozpin.” Glynda said, standing across him.

Ozpin raised an eyebrow. “No last name?” Glynda shake her head in reply. “I see, you find anything?”

Glynda take a long breath. “You won’t believe this, Ozpin.”

Ozpin cocked a brow. “Oh? Do tell.”

“The Grimm are scared at him.”

Ozpin deadpanned. “Glynda.” He called her, gesturing at the window at his office. “Jump.”

"What?! What do you mean?” She asked with surprise look on her face.

“Because the only thing the Grimm feared is the Silver Eyed Warrior.” He said sternly. “You must be seeing things.”

“Believe me, Ozpin. As far as I am not believe it, but that’s what happen there.” Glynda said, pointing her finger at him. “Maybe you need to see it for yourself.”

Ozpin stared at her and she stared back at him. They both stared at each other for a moment. Ozpin sighed, raising his arms. “Okay, you got me. Is there anything you wanted to say?”

Glynda recalled her memories few days ago.

+++++

“Do you know him?” Glynda asked after long silence on their journey. It has been a while since the Hunter or Nathaniel leave her and Summer on his friend, which makes her feel anxious.

Honestly, it surprised her how this man, Gascoigne which she knows after he introduce himself, can see with his eyes blindfolded with a cloth. His accent was strange, she never heard that accent in her life.

“Aye, meet him during the Hunt in Yharnam.” He said. “Poor lad stuck in Yharnam during the Hunt.”

“Eh…what? What’s that name again?” Summer asked with clear confusion written on her face, much like Glynda’s.

“It’s Yharnam, Ms. Rose.” He said. “It spelled Y-H-A-R-N-A-M.”

“Right.” Summer slowly nodded. “Where is that?”

Gascoigne looks up, thinking for a moment. “City of the north, or so they say, located between two valleys.”

“North?” Glynda asked. “You mean Atlas? There only two cities over there, Atlas and Mantle.”

Gascoigne chuckled, shaking his head. “No, not Atlas nor Mantle. Far more to the north, you will find a land and on that land, there is a city called Yharnam.”

“It was known as The Great City of Yharnam, The City of Blood Healing. Now it has been long forgotten by men, home now only to beasts.” He said.

It surprised them to know there is a civilization outside the continent. But then, after hearing the fate of that city, Summer and Glynda frowned, they took a pity on him…and Hunter. “I’m sorry, it must be hard.” Summer said.

Gascoigne let out a dry chuckle. “Thank you. Also what do you wanted to do when we arrived?”

“Excuse me?” Glynda raised an eyebrow.