Chapter 5: Traveling Companion

'Hmm... Mmmmmm...'

-Siegward of Catarina

F: Oh shit. Sorry, wrong game

Without fear in our hearts, we're little different from the beasts themselves

+++
A day later

"Hey, Oz."

"Ah, Qrow, good to see you again." Ozpin said. "Its been a day, Qrow. How's your mission?"

Qrow, a dark haired man with crimson eyes gazed at the professors in front of him. Ozpin, a Headmaster of Beacon Academy and Glynda Goodwitch, Ozpin's new assistance and new member of his inner circle, who scowled at his presence.

"I didn't complete the mission." Qrow said.

Ozpin raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Qrow reached his scroll and send some pictures to their scrolls. Their faces turned to disgust when they saw the pictures. Corpses littered around the camp with their insides were out.

"The Grimm destroyed their camp?" Ozpin asked.

"Funny, that's what I was thinking when I arrived there." Qrow said. "Take a look at the next pictures."

Ozpin and Glynda did it. A corpse with bullet holes on their bodies and a corpse with a hole on their chest, their heart are forced to pulled out from outside.

"W-who did this?" Glynda asked. "This is so...gruesome and brutal." She can't hold her stomach by looking at it. She quickly closed her scroll.

"I found the man who did it, a tall and lean man. He was covered in blood and he didn't bother to clean it." Qrow said. "He wore outfit who someone's wear it centuries ago."

"A wide brimmed hat and a leather mask that covered his lower face. A dark tattered long caped coat that covered his body. And his weapons are made by....woods." Qrow explained.

"Woods?" Ozpin raised an eyebrow. "Someone hasn't used woods for centuries. Except for Professor Port, of course."

"Yeah, a worn flintlock pistol, a crude version of blunderbuss and a long curved sword." Qrow said.

Ozpin hummed, he already had an interest on this man. "What else did you find?"

"I found out that he was called 'Hunter' in the Guild on the small settlement called Atsan." Qrow said. "They said that he destroyed two bandit's camps in a single night."

"In a single night?" Glynda asked in disbelief. To destroy a bandit camp, it needs a team of Huntsmen or a veteran Huntsman like the Qrow.

"Yeah, I know, crazy right? Anyways, that's not all. He used their heads as a proof."

"That was brutal." Glynda commented. Never in her life, she heard someone used such...barbaric ways like that.

"Yeah, but that's not the real crazy part is." Qrow said. This earning him confused looks from Ozpin and Glynda. Qrow took a deep breath. "He attack me."