two

As we pulled into the second cemetery, I woke up. Thankfully feeling way more refreshed and ready to look for a specific grave, or at least if there was a specific grave. Once again we parked and started looking. This time we stayed together, as the graveyard was a bit bigger than the last and Mark claimed he didn't wanna lose me. After like an hour we stumbled upon a grave. It wasn't Mark's, if he even had one, but close. "Cliffton M. Fischbach.. that's the first grave we've seen with your last name." I say and Mark looked in thought.

"I think that's my Dad's name.. yeah. I think this is my Dad's grave." He says and I frown. "I'm sorry." I apologize, feeling bad. Losing a parent isn't easy. "Doesn't matter. We just need to find mine, if I have one." Mark states and I nod. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately? Either way we didn't find a grave with his name on it. "I don't think you're a ghost you know. We can search the other graveyard but if you were, you'd be able to interact with other people in some way." I speak my thoughts as we make our way to the car. It was already like 3PM, and we've been at this literally all day. It seemed a waste of time to do it again.

"Were you like cursed or something?" I speak out again and Mark sighed. "You're right, I don't think I'm a ghost. Maybe I am cursed? I don't know." Mark says and I shrug as we get in the car. "We'll figure it out. Everyone will see." I say and he nods. "I know honey, we'll show them. Together." He says while looking over at me and I feel my face heat up as I nod. "Together." I confirm. We started driving again, and I kinda zoned out for a bit until I realized that I had no idea where we were going exactly. Was he taking me home? Surely not, we couldn't be giving up, not now.

"Where are we going?" I ask softly and Mark grabbed one of my hands, holding it in his as he drove with one. Not very safe I suppose. "The city hall. We'll see if they have any records on me. They should. Then we go from there." Mark explains and I nod. Wish we did that to begin with. Then we wouldn't have wasted so much time looking aimlessly for a grave we didn't know we'd even find. Which we didn't. "I don't think they'll just hand over documents to me about you. It's probably illegal." I state and Mark squeezed my hand. "If they don't hand them over, we forcefully will take them." Mark says confidently. Huh? What's that even supposed to mean?

"Forcefully?" I question and he nods, eyes not leaving the road. "Yes. Forcefully. We are gonna reveal the truth one way or another. Don't you want everyone else to know I'm real?" Mark asks ans I nod because of course I do. "Yes, obviously I do." I reply and he chuckles. "Good, then you won't have a problem doing that then right? Or do you not love me?" Mark asks, as if to confirm that I understand. I'm not sure I fully do. But I trust him and of course I love him. If he thinks it's for the best than it probably is.

"If it'll help you I'm willing to do it and of course I love you. You know that I do." I say and he smiles. "Good." He states and we once again fell into a silence and I fell into heavy thought. I think way too much. When we pulled up to the building, Mark reached in the backseat and pulled out a knife, handing it to me. "Uh what?" I asked confused and he gave me a look but I still didn't understand. Why do I need a knife exactly? To open stuff?

"They might try and stop us if we have to forcefully take what we need. You have to stop it." Mark says and realization set in and I quickly shake my head. "Mark I- I couldn't kill anyone, not really." I say and he forced the handle of the knife into my hand. "If you love me you'll do it. Do you want the cops to take you away from me forever? Because that's what they'll do, Ethan." He says sternly and I shake my head rapidly. "No! Mark, I don't want that I swear." I say and he smiles. "Then if it is needed, do what must be done." He says and I nod, and he kissed my forehead. "Let's go okay?" He says and I nod, pocketing the knife and followed him into the building.

"May I help you?" The women at the desk asks and I glance over at Mark. "Tell her you need to see some documents. " Mark says and I slowly nod, turning to look at her. "I need to see some documents." I say and she raised her eyebrows. "Okay? Regarding what?" She asks and I could feel anxiety set in. I hate talking to people, I hate that I might have to kill people. "Uh, regarding a person." I say and she typed something on her computer and I look at Mark hopeful. Holy shit is it that easy? "Whom?" She asks and I straighten out my back. "Mark Fischbach." I say and she nods. "Is that you?" She asks and I shake my head.