Confused (Part 3 of Determined)

Ron was running, running as fast as he could. He didn't know where he was going, he just knew he needed to be alone and as far away from the party as he could be.

He slowed down on the hill above Hagrid's hut when his knees buckled and he fell to the soft grass that surrounded him. He didn't know what he was feeling. Was he jealous? No. No, he couldn't be. How could he be jealous of Mclaggen? How.....how could he love Hermione.

Ron couldn't stop thinking while he helped himself up and with his blurred vision, headed to his dorm. No one had come back from the party yet and whoever wasn't invited was in the Great Hall. Ron felt his way to the Gryffindor tower, occasionally tripping over steps and going the wrong way. After a grudgingly long walk, he finally stood in front of the Fat Lady, struggling to speak the password. "B-bau-baubles."

"What's wrong Mr. Weasley? Everyone is still out. Have you been crying?" The Fat Lady interrogated Ron with a stern look on her face. "N-no. Nothing's wrong! Just-just let me in."

With a sigh, the portrait swung open, the red-headed boy dragging himself up the stairs. He could swear he heard the Fat Lady criticizing him. Once Ron fell through the entrance to the dorms, the memory of Hermione and Mclaggen came flooding back into his mind. In frustration, Ron kicked his trunk which flew across the room, and sat on his bed, his head in his hands. He blocked out everything, including the screaming and banging of a certain someone locked in the girls dormitory.

----

Lavender watched Ron run away, a smirk playing on her face. Her plan had worked, Ron was never going to forgive Hermione.

She picked up her dress as she helped Cormac with his wound and rushed out of the party. She had to beat Ron to the dorms before he could find the real Hermione. Lavender gave a quick kiss to Cormac before she rushed away, glancing back to see Ginny staring at her in disbelief. Laughing at her success, Lavender sneaked around the castle, making sure no one saw her.

The clicking of her heels on the cobblestone grounds filled the air. Lavender was frantic as she lost sight of Ron. Her dress was flying in the wind as her feet propelled forward, sprinting towards Gryffindor tower. As she flew through the halls of the castle she had a sudden stop behind a pillar. She had caught a glimpse of red hair near the Fat Lady. She hadn't gotten there in time.

"Uh, what am I going to do," Lavender peeked around to see Ron disappearing through the portrait. She bit her lip nervously, slowly removing the gloss smeared on her lips. Pursing her lips, she followed Ron through the portrait hole, hoping a plan would appear in her mind. Hermione's curls bounced on Lavender's shoulders as she scurried around the room. To her surprise, it wasn't Ron after all, it was one of the Weasley twins. Lavender could never tell the difference between the two.  They came to Hogwarts yesterday to pick up the rest of the Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry for their Christmas Break. Acting as though she had just waltzed into the tower, Lavender dawdled towards the girls dormitory, waving to Fred Weasley as he grabbed a satchel. "You're back early," Fred squinted at Lavender. "Where are Ron and Harry?" He changed to a frown when Lavender smirked to herself. "Oh um..They're still at the party. I've had enough of Mclaggen chasing me in circles." Fred chuckled before he wished Lavender a goodnight and trotted out of the tower.

Lavender POV:
It's weird being Hermione. Even though I hate her, I can't help but feel great as her. Everyone seemed to know her. A lot of people care about her. Why? I don't know. Hermione is so boring and bossy, how could anyone care about her. All she likes to do is read books. She doesn't even care about her friends, let alone love Ron! Ron is mine! No one can take the one person who makes me feel happy every second of every day. Even if he is conflicted, I know the answer to his problems. Me. He just needs me and no one else. That'll make it all better. This plan will show the true colours of Hermione Jean Granger and Ron'll finally see that.

Third Person:
Snapping out of her thoughts, Lavender sealed the portrait with a counter-alohomora spell and strutted up the stairs of the girls dormitory, twiddling Hermione's wand in her fingers. There was soft whispering seeping through the door as Lavender swung it open with a creak. "WHAT IN MERLIN-" Hermione's wand emitted a spark held by Lavender which shot into Hermione's mouth causing her to choke and mute her voice. Hermione was shoved to the wall when Lavender pointed the wand entwined in her hand yet again. "Well, well, well," Hermione heard her own voice flood out of her doppelgänger. "Cinderella never got to go to the ball, because her fairy godmother never showed up." Lavender finally felt like herself after hours trapped in Hermione's body. Lavender stared, a grin playing on her face, at the girl plastered on the wall, struggling to utter a word. "Look, I don't want to hurt you Hermione but...Ron's mine." At that point, Hermione knew exactly who was towering in front of her. "After I turn back into my old self, I will be free of....," Hermione gently dropped her hand into  Lavender's dress pocket where she uncovered a wand. As an oblivious Lavender droned on about Hermione's appearance, Hermione herself restored her voice and thrusted herself at Lavender. "He. Isn't. Yours." Lavender whimpered as Hermione pressed her harder into the wall. "He doesn't belong to anyone Lavender. He broke up with you, you have to accept that." Hermione pointed Lavender's wand at the door, locking it. "Why? Why are you doing this? Why are you...me?"

"Oh, you'll see. Ron's..hehe..he's never going to forgive you." A laugh escaped from Lavender's mouth before she left the room, Hermione tailing her. 

Lavender sprinted down the steps of the tower and slipped into a corner of the common room. Hermione had Lavender's wand out, a sparkling light gleaming at the tip. She was searching for Lavender when a burst was heard from the boys dormitory. Ron had seen her.

Hermione stumbled into a cobblestone wall when Ron, puffy-eyed and red-faced, his hair ruffled and his dress robes untucked, stomped his way towards her. Not noticing her dress change Ron grabbed her shoulders and shook her. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!"

"Wh-what?", Her hair fell from her bun as her clip slipped through her hair, Ron shaking her once more.

"YOU KNOW WHAT I'M BLOODY WELL TALKING ABOUT HERMIONE!"

"I-I'm sorry but I don't," Ron relieved her of his hands and ran a hand through his hair before yelling, "DON'T DO THIS WITH ME HERMIONE! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!"

Tears stained Hermione's face as Ron yelled at her, towering over her figure before she retorted, "WHAT DID I DO?!". Tears were gushing down her face, frightened of what was to come. "What did you do," Ron mumbled, his head in his hands, "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" "YOU SNOGGED MCLAGGEN! THAT'S WHAT YOU DID!"

Hermione gasped, her hands fell to her mouth. "no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no" she whispered into her hands not noticing Ron staring at her incredulously. As Hermione mumbled into her interlaced fingers, Ron noticed something. She wasn't wearing the same dress. "H-Hermione?" His voice softened,

"Y-yes,"

"You're wearing a different dress,"

"I know,"

"Why?"

"Because!....because I...I wasn't at the party." 

----

To be continued

Dun Dun Dunnnnn. Who will Ron choose to believe? Lavender or Hermione? Part 4 will be up as soon as I post this one. Please comment any prompts or ideas you'd like to read and enjoy the rest of your week!

Bye Guys!

Hermione. W