A "Friend"ly Valentines Day

Good morrow everyone!

Don't know what that was but here it is! Finally! Sorry for the giant wait and my broken promise... I was only 3 days late! Anyway, I had a research a paper outline due so I was scrambling for that. to make it up to y'all, I made a 2674 word one-shot! It's long but probably one of the best I've written so far. I hope you enjoy and feel free to comment any prompts/ideas/random tingz!

Love, 

 Hermione. W

P.S. This'll make more sense during the story but I made it as though wizards and witches don't know what popcorn is ;)

 This'll make more sense during the story but I made it as though wizards and witches don't know what popcorn is ;)

It was the first D.A meeting since the Christmas holidays, the excitement murmuring from student to student as they continued yet another day of spell-casting. By the end of the lesson, there seemed to be a commotion among the teenagers as Harry Potter let the session come to a close. You could barely hear anyone, the voices toppling over each other's, but emitting a single common entity..."Valentines Day".

The tension rose as Hermione caught on to the conversation. "Hermione? Are you alright?", Cho Chang made a waving motion in front of Hermione, snapping her back to reality. "Y-yes, of course. What was it you were saying?",

"I asked you if you have a date for Valentines Day?"
Hermione went crimson as she drifted her gaze from Cho towards Ron Weasley. "No," she replied quickly, biting her lip, her eyes still glued to the red-headed boy. Cho smirked after following Hermione's eyes and turned towards Luna.

On the other side of the room, Ron stared as Hermione bit her lip for the second time, feeling the heat creep up his cheeks. "Ronnie!" Fred threw his hands on his little brother's head, ruffling his hair. Ron swore he saw Hermione giggle before he turned to give Fred an annoyed look. "Any lucky girls in the stands?"

"What?"

"God, do you always have to be clueless? Who, Ronniekins are you asking to be your Valentine?"

"No one," Ron replied, shifting his eyes in Hermione's direction once more before turning back to Fred with flushed cheeks. Fred gave his brother a wink which earned him a rather hard punch on the arm before the room started to clear out.

 Fred gave his brother a wink which earned him a rather hard punch on the arm before the room started to clear out