2

When we sat down to eat the adults all sat at one table, the rest of us at another. It had always been this way since we were little. Thankfully they had upgraded from the plastic kids table to an actual table when our legs no longer squeezed under it.

Riley's uncle and aunt were also here, and for a moment I thought about just how lucky our families are to have each other.

Obviously Riley is the most important to me, but it is heartwarming to know that even if we never dated, we would still always have had these dinners.

Dad, Luke and Spencer had grilled some steaks, while Mom, Averleigh and Allie made potatoes and Mac and cheese.

It was funny to watch them cook, especially since Allie was pregnant. She would start on one side and have to switch to making something else when the smell got too much for her. Honestly she didn't make pregnancy look like it was any fun at all.

Our table consisted of me and my brother Levi, his long term girlfriend Grace, Riley, Jacob, Anna, Sophie and Shane.

The conversations were typically pretty humorous as the guys teased us and we teased back, while the food was always amazing thanks to Luke and his cooking skills.

As expected the food was delicious, the conversations were light and fun, and everyone cleaned up after themselves and settled in the living room for what the adults called 'honesty hour'. It was basically their only excuse to get us all together and ask questions about school and relationships without us having a way to get out of it.

Thankfully Levi and Grace were the first to get called upon. They would be going to the same college after summer break and everyone was very interested in their plans for on or off campus living, as well as their future plans for each other.

It's a shame that neither of them are shy at all in these types of conversations. I personally try to avoid them at every chance, but they openly admitted that they would be living together off campus, and that they didn't have any plans for their future relationship, they just wanted to see where it went.

In a way I idolized my brother for it. I wanted to be like him in the way I could just take things day by day, but a part of me felt like planning the future with Riley was the right thing to do. We were made for each other.

I wish I could say that I was surprised when our parents left us for last to interrogate. They knew we wouldn't tell them anything, which only seemed to peak their interest more. Hence why they left us for last, so they could ask until we eventually gave in.

"So Britt, Riley, How are things with you guys?" My mom asked.
"Good." I replied as my hand rested in Rileys on his lap.
"Just good?" Averleigh added.
"Mom, we're fine. We are just waiting for these family vacations to hurry up and end so we can spend some time together, Alone!" Riley said as our dads and Luke all laughed.

"Wait, as in alone, alone?" mom said wiggling her eyebrows at me, which seemed to halt my fathers laughing.
"Oh, god." I gasped, my face turning red as I covered my face with my hands.
"Shit, okay!" Averleigh added "Wait Bailes you had the talk already right?" she asked and I wanted to find a hole to throw myself into.
"Don't worry, Riley knows to keep it safe." Spencer added as they all laughed again.

I was dying of embarrassment, afraid to move my hands from my face. Even the twins were laughing and they had never even been kissed before. If our parents had half a clue they would know that me and Riley hadn't done anything close to that. Heck all of our make out sessions stayed above clothing level.

It's not that we didn't want to, we had just decided that we wanted to wait until it felt special for both of us. We weren't in a rush and at times it seemed that our parents were more eager for us to do it than we were.