Chapter 1

Elena

I woke up, and it was like any other day. I woke up, made my brothers' breakfast, got ready for school, cleaned the dishes, went to school, got bullied, but on my way out of school...

The book I was reading was torn out of my hands. I looked up to see none other than Damon, my most painful tormented, when I was in middle school he dragged a silver dagger up and down my arm, and then broke my arm, so not only was I in pain, but it would take a very long time to heal. He glanced at the book, "Really," he asked me. "Hunger Games again." He then started tearing out the pages one by one, while holding the book out of my reach so I couldn't stop him. All I could do is watch. When he finished he dropped the book to the ground, the papers flurried around us. While he was distracted, I took my chance and ran back home. I went up to my room and started packing my suitcases. Then I mindlinked my friends. "Girls, I can take this anymore. I'm leaving. If you want to come see me before I leave you can." 5 minutes later my friends came rushing in. "Where do you think you're going." Jade said. I gave her a confused look. "I'm leaving." I said to her. "Not without us, you're not." Arianna said, hooking her arm through mine. "Are you sure you two want to leave." I asked them. "Yep." They said in unison. "Well, do you have bags with what you want to take." I asked, too. "Yes, we do." They said showing me their backpacks. "Where are we going?" Jade asked me. "Well, I was thinking about going to the royal pack." I dreplied. Arianna and Jade gave me a confused look. "Why would you go there?" Ariana asked. "To see Aron, James and Marcelo. Since we haven't visited them in a while." I said. "Oh, that makes sense." Jade said. "Are you sure you want to come with me?" I asked them a second time. "Yep, we're sure." They said. "Ok, well then let's go." I said. Then I hooked my arms through theirs and jumped out of my window. Leaving the place I'd only had bad memories of behind.