Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"You thought Sam wouldn't and look what happened. I can't take that chance again."

~OUTSIDE THE FARMHOUSE~

We leave Jesse's house and walk down the steps of the porch. "What the hell?" Dean asks. "I had a hunch. I went with it." I smirk. "You risked my ass on a hunch?" He gasps. "You're fine, besides now we know who's turning this town into Willy Wonka's worst nightmare." Dean says. "The kid." I sigh, stopping.

"Yeah. Everything Jesse believes comes true. He thinks the tooth fairy looks like Belushi, uh, joy buzzers really shock people, boom, that's what happens." Dean says. "Yeah, but convince him the joy buzzer's don't actually work, and they go from killing machines back into crap toys." I say.

"He probably doesn't even know he's doing it." Dean sighs as we look back at the house. The curtains on an upstairs window part and I see Jesse, looking out to us and I wave to him. "How is he doing it?" I ask.

~IMPALA~

"So, dug up what I could on Jesse Turner. It's not much. Uh, B student, won last year's Pinewood Derby. But get this. Jesse was adopted. His birth records are sealed." I tell Dean. "How the fuck did you get all that information from just your laptop? Not even Sam can do that." He chuckles. "Cause I'm Penelope Garcia smart." I wink at him. I'm a big fan of criminal minds, I watch episodes whenever I can.

"So, are you going to be unsealing them?" He asks. "There's no father listed, but Jesse's biological mom is named Julia Wright. She lives in Elk Creek, on the other side of the state." I say to him.

~JULIA WRIGHT'S HOME~

We walk up to the front door and I notice two deadbolts. Damn.

I ring the doorbell.

"Whatever you're selling, I'm not interested." A woman's voice who I am guessing belongs to Julia, says from behind the door. "We're not salesmen. Agents Page and Plant. FBI." I say as we pull out our badges and hold them up to the peephole.

"Put your badge in the slot. You're partner's too." She says and we begin to do as she says.

After a few moments the sound of the lock clattering is heard and the door opens. Julia hands back our badges. "What do you want?" She asks. "We just have a few questions. About your son." I say.

"I don't have a son." She lies. "He was born March twenty-ninth, nineteen ninety-eight, in Omaha." I say as she looks at me, her face is expressionless. "You put him up for adoption?" I ask. "What about him?" She asks. "We were just wondering, um, was it...was it a normal pregnancy?" I ask but she says nothing.

"Was there anything strange?" Dean asks. "Stay away from me!" She yells. "Mrs. Wright, wait!" I say as she goes to shut the door, she stops. "We just want to talk." I say but she tosses what smells like salt at us. "You're not demons?" She asks.

I look at her confused. "How do you know about demons?" I ask as she leads us into her dinning room. "I was possessed. A demon took control of my body, and I hurt people....I killed people." She sniffles as we take a seat at the dinning room table.

"That, that wasn't you." I say. "But I was there. I heard a woman beg for mercy. I...I felt a young girl's blood drip down my hands." She sighs. "That's how you knew about the salt." Dean says. "Yeah,. I picked iup tricks. It was in my head for months." Sher tells us. "How many months?" I ask her.

"Nine." She says. "So your son..." Dean trails off. "Yeah, the whole time. The pregnancy, birth...all of it. I was possessed. The night the baby was born, I was alone. And the pain was...the pain was overwhelming. I screamed and it came out a laugh because the demon was happy. It used my body to give birth to a child. When it was over, something changed. Maybe the...the demon was tired or if the pain helped me fight it, but...Somehow, I took control and the demon wailed inside me It pounded against my skull. I thought my head was gonna explode. But I knew. I knew what I had to do. A part of me...part of me wanted to kill it. But, God help me, I couldn't do that. So, I put it up for adoption, and I ran." She explains to us.

"Who was the father?" I ask her. "I was a virgin. Besides, have you seen my son? Is he human?" She asks. "His name's Jesse. He lives in, uh, Alliance. He's a good kid." Dean says to her as she nods, looking down at his hands.

~MOTEL ROOM – NIGHT~

We enter our motel room to see Castiel already there, sitting at the table. "I take it you got our message?" I ask him as Dean shuts the door behind us. "It's lucky you found the boy." He says. "Oh, yeah, real lucky. What do we do with him?" Dean asks. "Kill him." Castiel tells us.

"Cas." I warn. "This child is half demon and half human, but it's far more powerful than either. Other cultures call this hybrid cambion or katako. You know him as the antichrist." He says. "I don't get it. Jesse is the devil's son?" Dean asks.

"No, of course not. Your Bible gets more wrong than it does right. The antichrist is not Lucifer's child. It's just demon spawn. But it is one of the devil's greatest weapons in the war against heaven." He says, explaining it to us.

"Well, if Jesse's a demonic howitzer, then what the hell's he doing in Nebraska?" I ask as I grab Dean and I a beer from the fridge. "The demons lost him. They can't find him. But they're looking." He says. "And they lost him because?" I ask.

"Because of the child's power. It hides him from both angels and demons. For now." He says. "So he's got, like, a force field around him. Well, that's great. Problem solved." Dean scoffs. "With Lucifer risen, this child grows strong. Soon, he will do more than just make a few toys come to life...something that will draw the demons to him. The demons will find this child. Lucifer will twist this boy to his purpose. And then, with a word, this child will destroy the Host of Heaven." He says.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. You're saying that...that Jesse's gonna nuke the angels?" I ask. "We cannot allow that to happen." He says. "Wait." Dean says. "We're the good guys. We...we don't just...kill children." I say to Castiel.

"A year ago, you would have done whatever it took to win this war." He sighs. "Things change." Dean steps towards him. "Okay. Hey, look, we are not going to kill him. All right? But we can't leave Jesse here either. We know that. So...we take him to Bobby's. He, Sam, and Kylie will know what to do." Dean says.

"You'll kidnap him? What is going on in this town, it's what happens when this thing is happy. You cannot imagine what it will do if it's angry. Besides, how will you hold him? With a thought, he could be halfway around the world." He says. "So we..."

"So we tell him the truth. You say Jesse's destined to go dark side...fine. But he hasn't yet. So if we lay it all out for him...what he is, the apocalypse...he might make the right choice." I say. "You thought Sam wouldn't and look what happened. I can't take that chance again." He says and vanishes. "Fuck!" Dean yells out in anger.