3. Brett 15-19 / Eddy 14-18

10 months later. 

Eddy is 14 and Brett 15.

Eddy and Brett are at the Queensland Youth Orchestra music camp. It's Day 3 and while they have been enjoying every minute of the company of their like-minded friends, they decided to go outside for some quiet time together on their lunch break. They found a quiet spot in the shade behind the main building and they lied down side by side on the grass, with their hand touching each other's cheek.

"Hey Eddy, this is nice."

"Yeah, I think I can finally hear myself think."

"..yeah I know what you mean."

"..Brett, your tenths today"

"Yeah, what about them, Eddy?"

"They sounded great."

"Thanks."

"..Do you remember that time you dislocated your pinky last year?"

"Of course I do, Eddy. How could I forget."

"I'm so sorry that happened.."

"I know you are. You hyperventilated from all that crying, the doctors had to treat you first."

"I know.. I'm sorry about that too."

"It's okay. You heard my tenths today, all back to normal."

"...Brett, I've been feeling so guilty about what we were doing."

"Huh? What are you talking about ?"

"Before you hurt yourself. You know, before we fell off my bed."

"??? We've never done anything to be ashamed of, have we ?"

"You don't remember ?"

"Hmm.. no I don't think I do. Whatever it was, I don't think it was anything bad ?"

Brett's palm that was resting on Eddy's cheek suddenly felt warmer.

Next, Brett felt Eddy's palm move away from his cheek and rested very gently over his neck.

"Brett, say something."

"Um...E..ddy?"

"Speak some more. Speak really softly at low register"

"Um...Okay, so, lemme try to remember what happened that day. ..it was after our usual Saturday busking... that's right, you told me your voice was breaking and you put your hand on my neck and said you really liked my new low voice and when I tried to speak reaaaally low like this you went all weird... Eddy, were you turned on by my voice?"

Brett's palm never felt so much heat from on Eddy's cheek, EVER.

"Oh fuck."

Eddy tried to pull away but Brett grabbed his hand.

"No Eddy, don't pull away from me ever again. I don't want to dislocate another pinky trying to catch you."

Brett grabbed both of Eddy's wrists and pulled him in close. Eddy tried to face as downwards as he could and wailed.

"Don't look at my face!"

"Okay, okay, I've got my eyes closed. I swear."

Their foreheads gently made contact.

"Damn it, Brett, this is so embarrassing."

"It's okay y'know. I'm kinda flattered."

"..Isn't it weird ?"