8. Epilogue

A/N: Hi y'all.  

To conclude this story, I wanted to write an afterlife story but I didn't want to specify what age this will occur. I also hesitated writing about one leaving way earlier than the other, too. So I tried my best to fuzz out those details.

Inspiration from TSVhide's co-authored book "Phantom". This book is beautifully written, full of thrill, suspense and humour (very important to me).  I cried reading it as it gave me great comfort and perspective for a series of stuff that happened in my life. I am so grateful I found this book and I strongly recommend it.

I wish to re-emphasise that this is a fictional story which may have been heavily inspired by a very charismatic duo most of us all happen to know and love.

______________________________________

When Eddy came about from wherever he had been, he noticed he was standing upright and he flinched with fear. He quickly leaned forward, curling his spine, knowing that otherwise, he would feel excruciating pain from the wretched illness that had ridden his body.

Then he noticed something strange. He felt no pain.

He straightened up, puzzled.

Immense joy spread through him and he broke into a genuine smile, for the first time in quite a while. How wonderful it was to not feel pain! He slowly puffed out his chest and stood tall in his best posture. He had not been able to do so for at least the last 4, maybe even 5 months.

Standing in good posture reminded Eddy of when was younger, when he stood tall and still, just before letting his violin sing out its first note, or as he let it finish its last of a piece. He suddenly remembered that there were moments in life which were even more joyful than standing straight pain free. Such immense joy he had not felt in years.

Eddy looked around. He looked around..?? He was able to look around!! He felt a new sensation that he could only imagine was vision. It was very fuzzy but he was able to note that he was surrounded by a soft energy he assumed was light. It was very pleasant. He couldn't work out where he was but he felt a sensation of elevation as if he was riding a very smooth escalator.

Then his body suddenly felt still and his newly acquired sense of vision detected an expansion of his surroundings. He felt like he arrived at the top of wherever he was heading to and he sensed that he was in a very large space. It amazed him that he could acquire all this information about his surroundings without having to feel around. He clicked his tongue a couple of times to see if he could gauge the space by echolocation, a technique to determine the location of objects using reflected sound. Eddy had experimented with this technique in his early 20s with some degree of success.

*click *

*click*

Usually, the sound would bounce back to the sound source, in this case, Eddy, but he couldn't hear any echo returning to his well-trained ears. He must be in a very large, wide space. Or perhaps the place had very good sound insulation like a soundproof practice room.

The place was quiet and peaceful, but Eddy was starting to feel a bit lonely.

He then sensed a new kind of energy nearing him. Eddy didn't feel threatened by it, so he stood still and waited. He wasn't even sure if he could walk or move any other parts of his body yet. As the foreign energy approached him, Eddy felt its presence, but more than anything he felt a gushing sense of affection towards it. It made Eddy shiver with yearning. There was only one being that could make Eddy feel this way.