30. Marked Up

Bokuto yawned, leaning over Emiko's crib. "Mm... do you miss mommy too?"

Emiko whined at him.

"I miss mommy..." Emiko reached up for him. Bokuto picked her up carefully and moved her hair from her face. "I feel so bad that he's got to go somewhere else... I can't help him anymore."

Emiko grabbed his shirt, babbling.

"Eh..."

"Banana!"

"Alrighty..." Bokuto went into the kitchen and grabbed a small bowl and an apple sauce. "You must want him to take care of you instead. I don't blame you."

"Daddy!"

Bokuto turned. "Great job!"

Emiko squealed. "Daddy!"

Bokuto set the bowl down and kissed her hair. "Gah you're so cute."

Emiko giggled. She found the bowl on her tray and put her hand in it.

Bokuto chuckled. "It's probably better if I feed you." He picked up a spoon and fed her slowly, making little airplane noises so that she was entertained while she ate. "Yum, right?"

Emiko squirmed. She started getting fussier as she sat in her high chair, frustrated by something. Bokuto finally picked her up and realized she needed to be changed into a new diaper.

"Ack... okay time to actually do something. Come on brain, don't give out on me this time."

****

Akaashi whined, turning over in the bed he'd been set in. Tendou looked up. "Oh you're awake!"

"Unfortunately..."

"Ah you pessimist." Tendou got up. "You feeling better?"

"Yeah... just sore right now."

"Yeah. I'm sorry about that. Ushijima is well..." Tendou coughed. "Large."

"For an omega he is... "

"Yep! My precious little omega." Tendou smiled. "You should see what happens when he goes into heat."

"I'd rather not."

"He'll be going in today though. That should be fun."

Akaashi sat up. "He's too gentle."

"Not my fault you didn't like when I did it."

"I don't even remember what happened."

"Really?" Tendou tensed. He felt Akaashi's forehead and sighed. "No fever. You should remember what happened. It was pretty odd."

"What happened?"

"You wouldn't stop crying. You were begging for Bokuto even though it felt good... So I got Ushy. He's the closest thing I had to Bokuto and was all in for it."

Akaashi rubbed his eyes. So he'd cried? That was embarrassing. He understood the want for Bokuto. They were mates. That happened. But full on crying for him while someone took care of him? That wasn't something that had ever happened before and was somewhat shocking to him.

"S-Satori!"

"Coming!"

Akaashi got himself dressed, wincing. Today was his rest day. He should have been fine but it hurt too much. He should have been resting right now with Bokuto but instead he'd had to stay here at Tendou's apartment while he was in heat.

Tendou and Ushijima both took care of him this time instead of Bokuto. Bokuto was fine with it but it was very strange.

Akaashi left and drove himself home. He was tired though, trying his best to focus on the road and not fall asleep at the wheel. He got home safely and as soon as he closed the door, he just laid in the entryway. He was exhausted anyways, so this wasn't too bad.