45. Beautiful

Bokuto got up, hearing Tabiki start crying. He glanced at Akaashi, who opened his eyes slightly. "I'll get it…"

"No, no I've got it." Bokuto whispered.

Akaashi nodded and closed his eyes. He fell back asleep, curled up under several blankets.

Bokuto picked up Tabiki and rocked him for a moment. He walked into the kitchen with the little boy, getting a bottle and heating it up for him. "Whew… okay… you're just hungry…"

Tabiki relaxed, drinking from his bottle. He eventually stopped and fell back asleep against Bokuto.

Bokuto carried him back to his room and put him in his bassinet. "There we go… it's okay." He laid down and got close to Akaashi, relaxing.

Akaashi opened his eyes. "Mm…?"

"He just needed a bottle." Bokuto kissed Akaashi's forehead. "You nice and comfy?"

"Yeah…" Akaashi shifted and reached up. "Just tired…"

"I can imagine."

Akaashi hummed. "I'm going to try and get up again tomorrow."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. It's hard but I can do it… somehow."

"I'll help you if I can."

Akaashi smiled tiredly. "Thanks."

"No problem at all. We're gonna try to get you up in the morning and we're gonna go outside." Bokuto rubbed Akaashi's cheek. Akaashi fell asleep again a moment later. Bokuto smiled. He nuzzled Akaashi's hair. "Love you."

****

Bokuto stood in front of Akaashi, worried. "You don't have to get up, okay?"

Akaashi coughed. "No, no I'm going to try."

Bokuto frowned. "You sure?"

Akaashi nodded and reached for him. Bokuto put out his arms and Akaashi grabbed on. He tried to get up, closing his eyes tight.

"Keiji you don't need to get up. I know it hurts, okay? We don't need to-"

"Shut up for five seconds."

Bokuto sighed. He just tried to help but then Akaashi stopped, in tears, he let go and leaned down. "You need to let yourself stop for a moment."

"O-okay." Akaashi put his head down. He took a deep breath. "Can you try to lift me a little?"

"Okay." Bokuto eased his hands under his arms and hefted Akaashi up. The younger male cried out and Bokuta started to put him down, worried he had hurt Akaashi.

"No, no let me stand. I can do it."

Bokuto let Akaashi stand and held him. "Deep breath, okay?"

He nodded and leaned his head against Bokuto's chest. Akaashi looked up and took a deep breath. He smiled.

"Good job."

Akaashi nodded. "Can I try and walk?"

"Yeah." Bokuto helped him walk shakily to the door of their room. "You doing good?"

"It hurts. A lot. But I think I'm okay."

"Good, good. Tell me if it's too bad."

"I'll just be able to get to the couch I think. I hope." Akaashi paused. He kept walking, Bokuto walking slowly backwards.

"Emiko! Sweetheart where'd you go?!" Bokuto called out.

Emiko ran up and grabbed his leg.

"Ah you're getting better at finding your way through the house... Go back to the living room, okay?"

Emiko huffed and hurried off to the living room.

"You okay Keiji?"

"Yep." Akaashi got to the couch and laid down again, head resting on Bokuto's lap. Bokuto had gotten Tabiki and was holding him carefully, making the same noises that he'd made when Emiko was a newborn. Akaashi looked up. He smiled and closed his eyes.

Bokuto leaned down and kissed his temple. "You wanna hold him?"

Akaashi took a deep breath. "If I could sit up I would."

Bokuto set Tabiki down and eased Akaashi into his lap. He eased Tabiki into Akaashi's arms. "Is that okay?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi rubbed Tabiki's cheek with his thumb. "Hey there baby…"

Tabiki huffed quietly.

Akaashi hummed. "You must be sad not seeing me all the time… when I get better I'll be up and playing with you as much as you want."

Tabiki whined and reached up, grabbing Akaashi's chin.

Akaashi kissed his head gently. "I love you."

Bokuto looked up. "Emmy find the couch."

Emiko whined.

"You wanna come snuggle with Mama and Daddy?" Emiko hurried to him. Bokuto hefted her up. "There we go."

Emiko curled up on Akaashi's lap and Bokuto patted her back. Akaashi just kept smiling at Tabiki, who had a hold of him. He looked up at Bokuto. "Can we have another one?"

"A-ah you just had one?" Bokuto said hurriedly.

"Mhmm. But I want to have another one." Akaashi whispered. "In a few years. But three little miracles. We'll get our three that we wanted."

Bokuto smiled. "You're something special, aren't you? Of course we can have another one. But we're gonna wait a bit. And we'll have our three little miracles." Bokuto pressed their foreheads together. "Promise."

Akaashi smiled. "Thank you… I love you so much…"

Bokuto chuckled. "Love you too." He gave Akaashi a gentle kiss and Tabiki whined.

Akaashi looked down and laughed.

Bokuto kissed his forehead. "You're so silly." Emiko sighed in her sleep. He looked down. "You too…"

Akaashi chuckled. He leaned his head back and yawned. "This is worth being tired for."

Bokuto moved his head so he was resting against Akaashi's shoulder. "Totally." He closed his eyes. "Mm..."

Akaashi snored lightly, making Bokuto snort.

"Yeah this is tiring… but worth it." He started drifting off, just glad to be holding his family close. His two little miracles and his tired, but yet still very very beautiful mate and husband.

F I N