Part 3

12:10 am

I found my Mum still looking through the toiletries section except she was going through the men's section. Does Dad smell THAT bad? "Michael!! Come here quickly and smell this". Sigh. I guess I'm the smelly one. We concluded that Imperial Leather would do the trick, so I chucked it in the trolley. I pulled out my list and she pulled out her own, everything was ticked off.

We made our way to the payment area. As expected, the lines were longer than a musical.  We lined up behind a huge family. In hindsight, I should have known that this big family was going to spark some sort of issue. If you didn't know big family = loads of shopping. In this climate where there's already social distancing measures and panic buyers, it's not going to aid the situation. Now I'm not discriminating against big families or anything, but I just must see what I say. Mum and I were very comfortable waiting in the line seeing as this used to be us – I'm the youngest out of 3 kids and my older sisters and brother have all moved out. Life is all the cheaper now for my parents, but still, I could not imagine what the couple in front of us were going through cash wise. I was happily on Twitter when the whole store was filled with a haunting noise – it was a shriek coming from the Mum of 5 ahead of us. "DAISY!!! Where is my daughter!!" She turned to the other kids "Malachi, where is your sister?!!" The boy that I assumed to be Malachi shrugged his shoulders and ran off. I'm assuming he went to look for his wandering sister. Store protocol followed and the missing child alert was announced on the tannoy. Thanks be to God, the child was found and returned safely.

Even though it had been a mad day, the check-out part was the easiest checkpoint. We paid for our shopping and struggled our way back to the car.

1:00 pm

It had been a long but eventful day. Yesterday, I told Mum I needed some ideas for my book, and she said that this shopping trip would do the job. She was right. It wasn't an ordinary trip. We came out completely different to the way that we entered. I guess what doesn't kill you really DOES make you stronger. It was time for the second mission though (I'm going to conquer my lunch) and I'm very excited to be inspired to write my next book.

Mission Warzone M: Complete.