A couple months ago...

Walking up to the house, I could hear the music blasting from the inside, the bass booming through my body.

When we walked in, it smelt of smoke, sweat and alcohol. People were everywhere, up against walls, dancing, playing drinking games or just chatting with others.

I made my way through the people, searching for the owner of the house, my friend, Mckenzie.

"Morgan!" I looked to my right to see her in the living room. She came up to me and gave me a tight hug.

"I am so glad you made it."

"Me too."

I lied. Even though I was at a party right now, I'm not much of a party person. I only came because my friend asked me to, plus I figured I should get out of the house since the incident with my father.

"I will get you a drink, what do you want?"

"I'll just have some pop or something like that."

"Okay, I will be right back."

As soon as she disappeared from the crowd of people, I found a small couch to sit on while I waited. There were people falling on the floor from drinking too much, couple's snuggled up in every corner of every room, smoke floating up by the ceiling, and red solo cups everywhere.

Right then I remembered why I never go to parties. While I was taking in my surroundings, I met eyes with a boy across the room. As soon as he saw me look at him, he looked away and started fidgeting with his phone.

I laughed to myself and brushed it off. Tonight was supposed to get me out of the house and out from my miserable room where I sat , day and night, dwelling on my father's passing. Replaying things I could have done differently before he passed.

Then I started observing the people here, they look like they have no care in the world, just living life in the present. though, I am sure they won't be this happy tomorrow morning when they wake up.

"Here ya go." Kenzie handed me a cup and plopped down on the couch next to me. I took a drink of it and set it down on the table next to me.

"So... what do you think?"

"It's a little, messy and loud." I laughed.

"I could get used to it."

"It's not so bad. Once you go to more parties, you'll get the hang of it." She smiled brightly at me and took a drink of whatever was in her cup.

"I have some friends out there dancing, you wanna come?"

"no I'm gonna sit here for a bit. You know, get used to my surroundings a little bit more."

"Aw, I'd hate to leave you but a host should make sure her guest are having a good time."

"I'll be okay here, you go ahead."

"Okay well, when you feel like it, come find me. I will show you how to have fun." She giggled excitedly.

I gave her a nod with a soft smile and then she left.

I grabbed my cup from table and took another drink of it. When I looked back up, there was a younger man watching me from across the room. The same one I made eye contact with earlier. I got an uneasy feeling in my stomach and decided to go for a walk. As I was walking to the front door, my vision started to get blurry and my legs were starting to go numb.

Suddenly, I fell against the wall near the door, grasping it to try and stay up. my head started to feel fuzzy and everything was now a complete blur. Finally, I pushed off from the wall and made it outside, stumbling down the driveway, and past the row of cars.

Once I felt the blacktop under my feet, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and lift me up. I couldn't see where they were taking me. My heart started to beat a hundred miles a minute and I felt my chest go cold.

"Get off of me!" I struggled in their arms and tried to escape their arms.

"Don't fight me Morgan." A boy's voice said.

"How do you know my name?"

"Just stop and calm down, you're not in any danger."

I tried to speak but it suddenly became difficult to do so.

"This is it, I am being kidnapped." I thought. but soon, tiredness had overthrown every ounce of fear I had.

Upon hearing a door open, he gently set me in a vehicle and closed the door. When he finally got in, he started talking.

"I'm here to protect you, don't worry you are safe."

I heard the vehicle start and felt a quick jolt as he kicked it into drive.

"I am taking you home."

"Who are you." I managed to get out, But I never got an answer. My eyes became heavy and I felt myself starting to drift off until everything turned black.

________________________________
A/N: hi everyone! so the first chapter is out, how are we feeling? i know it is pretty short, but that is because it is a flashback. if you watched my pov series on tiktok this is what my character was talking about when she mentioned a party. i'm sorry if it's not very good, this is my first time writing a story. if you have any ideas, tips, just comment them. thank you and much love.