Chapter 13

The next morning, I woke up feeling better than I had since Piper and I started talking.
I knew that dad would not be excited about Jason, Thalia and I leaving, so I decided to sugarcoat it.

"Hey da-" I said as I walked into my kitchen, ready for school

"Hi Anna!" Heather said, sounding like my mom.

My dad walked in, tying his tie.

"How are my two of three favourite women?" My dad asked.

"What happened to you?" I asked him.

"What? Oh the suit and tie? Well I quit my job and now I'm an accountant!" He said brightly. "What?" I exclaimed, "You always said that you will never become an account."

"Well, now I have to work for nine people," he said.

"Nine?" Jason, Thalia and I all screamed in unison.

"Yes. You three, your brothers, Heather and her three kids."

Our jaws were dropped far.

I was mad. No way could Heather marry my dad, taking him away and have kids. Dad is an airplane scientist, so yeah I knew the pay wasn't good. But no way could she do that. That got me.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! FIRST, YOU GO OUT WITH THIS TWO-FACED DINGO BEHIND OUR BACKS AND NOW YOU MARRY HER, AND EXPECT US TO LIKE HER. WELL YOU MIGHT HAVE THE TWINS IN BOARD, BUT I WILL NEVER DO THIS. THALIA SAID SHE HAS AN APARTMENT SO GOODBYE! I ALONG WITH JASON AND THALIA ARE LEAVING STARTING TONIGHT."

With that, I stormed out the door without breakfast.

Percy pulled up around the corner for us and I walked up to his car as it rounded the corner.
"Hey Perse-" I was cut off with a surprise in the passenger seat I was trying to sit in "Who are you?" I asked the blacked haired boy sitting there.

"Beth, meet Leo Valdez" Percy said pointing to the stranger, "Hazel Levesque," he pointed to a short dark toned girl in the back, "and Frank Zhang," he nodded at the Chinese guy sitting next to the girl whose name was Hazel.

"Hey guys!" Jason said coming up behind me.

"Do you two mind riding in the way back?"
Percy asked Jason and I.

"Sure," I said, a little heartbroken.

"Sorry for the surprise, I didn't mean to not tell you, Beth," Percy said.

"That's okay."

"Hey whose that woman looking out your window?" Percy asked.

"Oh that's our new stepmom, Heather."