Chapter 14

"What?" Percy asked

"That's what we said," I said.

"Is she nice?" Hazel asked sweetly.

"No," Jason said darkly.

"She called be Annie last night, which is very insulting to me and my family, and this morning she called me Anna," I said.

Percy turned around in his seat, remembering that we have to get to school.

"Well," he said as he hit the gas, "aren't people named Heather nice? Like Karens are annoying or whatever and Heathers are nice?"

"What are you trying to prove, Jackson?" Leo asked.

"Well, maybe she is actually really nice and she can't remember you're name," Percy said.

"Not all people are the description of their name," Frank said.

"It's nice that you're trying to be nice about this, Percy, but Heather is not a nice person,"I said.

He sighed, knowing there was no use.
"Well, what are you gonna do about it?" Hazel asked.

"We're moving to Thalia's," I said.

"Yeah, we can't live with that evil peanut," Jason said.

"What?" We all asked him.

"Well, I dunno. She's short and evil. An evil peanut."

"The man has a point," Leo said.

"What's so bad about her?" Frank asked, as I glared at him so he added, "Ya know. Other than the name thing."

"Well, she so far has brainwashed dad. She's obviously a gold digger," I said, "We don't have that much money but we definitely have more."

"And she can't cook for her life," Jason said, "I didn't eat her breakfast but Thalia did and she said it was the worst thing she ever ate."

I had to agree with my brother. Breakfast didn't look appetizing, even dad noticed.
We chatted about Heather for the rest of the way to school, where we all took our separate ways.

At lunch, Percy texted me to come to the deserted hallway where him and his friends eat lunch together.

"Oh good, Beth you're here," he said.

"Hi," I said, counting the people. There was fourteen of them.

"Beth meet everyone. Everyone, meet Annabeth Chase-Grace," Percy said.

"Percy's being an idiot," Jason said, starting to point at everyone individually, "that's Will Solace, Nico di Angelo, Katie Gardener, Travis and Connor Stoll, Clarisse la Rue, Silena Beauregard, Charles Beckendorf but we call him Beckendorf, Calypso Nightshade, and you know Hazel, Frank, and Leo," Jason introduced.

"Hi," I repeated again.