Chapter Four

Dream had always loved George. From the day he met him he knew - this is someone I want to know for the rest of my life.

When he heard about George and Oliver, his heart broke. He saw the way George looked at the other when they were on a discord call, or when they streamed together. George looked at Oliver the way Dream looked at George - like he was everything he would ever need. So, putting his friend's happiness before his own, he plastered on a smile and congratulated them both.

He was there when George needed him after an argument, and he provided his advice when he needed it. He was there when George was nervous about sleeping with his lover, anxious about whether or not he would be 'good enough' or that he would do something wrong. Dream had laughed and helped him through his worries, ignoring the way his heart sank everytime George mentioned how happy he was, how much he loved Oliver.

He hated the way his spirits rose when George told them they had broken up.

When George had called him in the middle of the night, having a panic attack and not being able to breathe, Dream had done what he could to help and had stayed on the phone until the other fell asleep.

Even after everything that had happened, 'Oliver' was still the name George begged for in his sleep.

Buying a ticket to England was an impulse decision, and Clay wasn't sure if he would regret it or not. So, like he always did, he went to Sapnap for advice.

"Hey, Nick," Dream said once the other had answered the phone. Sapnap scoffed.

"Hey Clay," he said, shuffling around a bit on the other line. "What's up?"

Dream paced from where he stood in his kitchen, the white-washed counters scrubbed clean from his nervous cleaning. "I just bought a ticket to go see George."

Silence.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

Dream laughed lightly and leaned against the countertop, elbows on the cold granite. "I just bought a ticket to England. I...I'm worried about George."

"He's going through a tough break-up man. He'll be okay."

"No , I just-" Dream sighed and ran a hand through his already messy hair. "He called me last night. Having a panic attack. It really freaked me out, dude. I just don't think he's doing as fine as he says he is."

Sapnap hesitated. "Panic attack? Why would he-"

"I don't know." Dream cut in, frowning. "It doesn't make sense to me. I think he's really struggling right now. I just...I just want to make sure he's okay."

"Dream," Nick said carefully, trying to choose his words wisely. "You do realize you're going to be stuck with an emotional Gogy, all alone, in his house, for God knows how long? How is your mental health going to come out of that?"

Dream grinned, pushing off the counter. "I know, I thought about that. But I have a solution."

"What's that?"

"You're going to come with me."

And, sure enough, three days later the two men found themselves on a plane flying across the ocean. They had seven hours to wonder how George would react to seeing them at his house. And Clay?

He had seven hours to figure out how he was going to keep his shit together while he stayed with the love of his life.

AN: i know this one was really short but the next chapter is going to be a shit show, so be prepared for that. thank you for all the love!! 💚💚