Chapter Seventeen

When Dream woke up, he was still glowing from George's surprise kiss from a few hours ago. He glanced at the clock - it was nearly noon now - and then back at George, who was still sleeping comfortably in his arms. He smiled and pressed his lips to his forehead. George stirred and opened his eyes, looking blearily up at him.

"Good morning," Dream said fondly. Their legs were tangled together, George's ankles crossing over Dream's.

"Good morning," George said, removing himself from Dream's hold and raising his arms over his head. Dream tried his hardest not to stare at the small patch of skin that was exposed as George's shirt rode up.

"You wanted to talk," he reminded him instead, clearing his head of dirty thoughts. This wasn't the time for that. George cleared his throat and laid back down, staring up at the ceiling.

"Right," he said, forehead creasing in thought. "I just wanted to ask you something."

Dream smiled, laying on his side and reaching out to hold George's hand. His heart sank a bit when George pulled away, his smile fading. "Is everything alright?"

"What makes you love me, Dream?"

Clay blinked at the question, uncertain of the direction this conversation was going.

"Everything," he said carefully. George huffed and tilted his head to look at him.

"What exactly?" he said. "I just...Need to know, before I continue this conversation."

Dream sighed breathlessly. "I mean everything, Georgie. I love your smile and the way you laugh, the way your eyes look when you wake up in the morning. I love your passion when you talk about something you love." Dream took a deep breath before continuing.

"I love the way you look when you get out of the shower, with your hair all wet and falling in your face. I love how you're in the mood to cuddle more often at night than you are in the morning. I love all the little things you do, like playing with Cat when you're feeling good, or just holding her when you're feeling down. God, I just love everything about you, George. I could go on and on, forever."

George was smiling at him, a rosy tint to his cheeks. His eyes were shining with unshed tears.
"I think," he said slowly, carefully. Cautious.

"I think I want to give this a try," he said, taking Dream's hand in his. "Us, I mean. I know I'm difficult sometimes, but I really do..."

Dream sensed his hesitation but grinned at him anyways, his heart bursting out from his chest. "It's okay," he said earnestly, grasping George's hand, not letting him pull it back this time. Not that George had tried to. "I love you, Georgie. Let me show you."

George nodded, his eyes wide, and Dream descended, pushing his lips against the others in a heated kiss.

They didn't get out of bed for a while.

The two of them spent their day in euphoric bliss, enjoying their time together as an official couple.

Couple.

The word made George shiver in anticipation. It felt so official.

Today, the pair ventured out into London for the very first time since Dream had arrived, their hands clasped together as they made their way happily down the street, speaking in joyful tones. George led Dream around excitedly, showcasing his favorite places around the town.

"This place has the best chocolate croissants," George said proudly, leading Clay into the quaint little café. Dream watched in amusement as George ordered them both a croissant, thanking the cashier as they left. Dream took a bit of the flaky treat, eyes widening as flavor exploded in his mouth.

"This is really good!"

George laughed, and they continued walking.

They got home late that night, their cheeks flushed from the cold and excitement, holding bags from the various shops that they had visited on their date.

George flicked the light on in the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cupboard and filling it with water from the tap. "What should we make for dinner?" he asked, taking a sip. Dream followed him into the room, looking at him in surprise. "What?"

Dream beamed. "You asked me what was for dinner," he said happily, wrapping George up in a hug. George squeaked. "You're hungry?"

George nodded. "Yeah, I guess walking around all day does that to a person."

Clay seemed excited at this statement. "I'm glad you're eating on your own," he said, resting his head on the top of George's. "I'm very proud of you."

George huffed and rolled his eyes, though on the inside he was keening at the praise. "It's not that big a deal," he muttered, pulling away from the embrace. He watched as Dream went through the various cupboards, pulling out random ingredients.

"It's a big deal to me," he said, filling a pot with water and setting it on the stove. "Means you're getting better. How does spaghetti sound?"

They took their meal to the living room when it was finished, crashing on the sofa with a movie pulled up. George groaned as he took a bite.

"This is so good," he declared, waving his fork at Clay. "You're my new chef."

Dream laughed and took a bite from his plate, a noodle slipping from his fork and landing back in his plate. "I will gladly take that position."

They watched the movie for a while, commenting on random things that happened, but as time went on, a thought popped into his head.

What would happen when Dream had to go back to Florida?

He brought this topic up as they were getting ready for bed. George was already beneath the blankets, while Dream was in the bathroom brushing his teeth.

"Clay?" he called timidly, not looking forward to the discussion they were about to have. Dream popped his head out of the bathroom, a dribble of spit dotting his chin.

"What's up?" he said around the toothbrush. George rolled his eyes.

"Finish up really quick," he said, laughing as Dream gagged a bit on the spit in his mouth. "Gross!"

Clay rinsed his mouth out and turned the bathroom light off, flopping on the bed and gathering George up in his arms. "What's up?" he repeated.

George bit his lip, distracting Dream with the action for a second.

"What's going to happen when you have to go back home?" he said quietly. Dream frowned.

"I hadn't thought about that," he admitted, arms tightening around George's middle. "I've already been here for what, a month?"

George nodded, looking upset. "You have to go back eventually. You have your family, and all your friends-"

"I don't really talk to my family much anymore," Dream broke in. "Besides my sister. And honestly, the only friend I really have in the States is Sapnap."

"What are you trying to say?"

Dream smiled. "What if I just stay here?" he suggested slyly. "With you?"

George giggled as Dream kissed his nose, batting him away playfully. "What about your channel?" he pointed out. "You can't just leave millions of people hanging."

Dream shrugged. "I can have all my things shipped up here. Worst case scenario, I have to buy a new setup. It's not a big deal, Georgie." Dream kissed him gently, smiling against his lips. "I want to stay with you. I love you."

"You really mean it?"

"Of course I do, dummy."

AN: next chapter will be the last! I've had a really great time writing this, and hope to see you guys for the next one. Thank you so much for all the love and support!! I love you all <3