chapter two

CHAPTER TWO

And you're probably with that brunette girl
Who always made me doubt
She's so much older than me
She's everything I'm insecure about
Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs
'Cause how could I ever love someone else?

-

As he cries, Harry gets more and more lost in his thoughts, never-ending possibilities to what could've gone wrong in their relationship for Louis to end it. But the answer was pretty clear, in Harry's opinion.

Harry wasn't good enough.

Why else would Louis leave him for someone else?

And now he's thinking about her.

Eleanor.

Every time he thought about her it was like a punch to Harry's gut. She was always obnoxiously flirty with Louis, completely ignoring the fact that Harry was there too and in a relationship with the guy she was drooling over.

She was older, tall, beautiful, and confident. She had a perfect waist and clear tanned skin. Stunning is a word that comes to mind. But her personality ruins it all.

There's nothing cute about destroying someone's relationship. Nothing cute about stealing someone's boyfriend and leaving them heartbroken.

Louis always told Harry to stop stressing and get over himself, accused him of not trusting him. His relationship with Eleanor caused most of the larger fights in their relationship.

Including the fight that ended it.

Harry's insecurities got in the way a lot, and when Louis acted as if he didn't care it broke Harry more and more each time.

He'd see them cuddling sometimes, see the pap pics of them going out to lunch and looking cosy.

But Louis always reassured him they were just friends and he had nothing to worry about.

It's ironic, really, because Harry did have to worry, he ended up losing Louis to her, and for all Harry knows, they were secretly seeing each other behind his back.

-

"Babe! I'm back!" Louis yelled through Harry's apartment as he closed the door behind him.

Harry was cuddled up in bed, his phone in front of his face as he looked at the new pap pics of Louis and Eleanor.

There's a picture of him feeding her.

Pictures of them walking with his arm around her waist.

Pictures of them hugging.

One of her kissing his cheek.

And Louis looks so happy in all of them.

"Babe?" Louis asks as he walks into Harry's bedroom and sees Harry with a red nose and puffy eyes. "Baby, what's wrong?" Louis asked softly as he sat on the bed next to where Harry was laying.

Harry sniffled, "Why are you so affectionate with her?" He just barely whispered.

Louis' eyebrows furrowed but went back to their original place when he realised what Harry was talking about.

"Harry, how many times are we going to have to talk about this?" Louis sighed as he dragged his hands down his face.

"Until you can prove to me that you mean what you say!" Harry yelled, sitting up in the bed and looking at Louis properly, they've had this conversation too many times for him to let it go again.

"What does that even mean? Are you calling me a liar?" Louis asked.

"No, I'm saying, you tell me you love me, but go out with her all the time. You tell me you're just friends, but there are pictures of you feeding her and holding her waist and hugging, there's even a picture of her kissing your fucking cheek, Louis!" Harry shouted as more tears fell down his face.

"Harry, why can't you just trust me? Me and El are just friends, I'm allowed to have friends, Harry, my whole life doesn't revolve around you!" Louis yelled back.

"But you're losing me!" Harry screamed as he fell to the ground crying, "Is she worth it?" he asked through his sobs.

Louis stared at Harry for a few moments before speaking, "I-I can't do this anymore," he said, voice strained.

And with that, he walked out of the apartment.

Leaving Harry, a sobbing mess with a broken heart.

-

Harry remembers the week after clearly.

He spent it in his empty apartment, hoping for Louis to walk through the door. They would both apologise and cuddle and watch movies and make love.

But that didn't happen.

Instead, a week later, the announcement of Louis's relationship with Eleanor was all over the media.

Harry wipes his eyes and pulls back onto the road.

Focussing on driving takes his mind off of his broken relationship with Louis a bit, so he continues to drive through the suburbs, unknowing of where he's going.

He thinks maybe if Louis can move on, so can he.

He's just not exactly sure how it's possible at the moment.

-

I hope this is making sense, I'm taking each part of the song and writing about those specific lyrics.

This flashback was a week before present time. 

Hope you're liking it, though! X

Thoughts?

Theories?