chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE

Red lights, stop signs
I still see your face in the white cars, front yards
Can't drive past the places we used to go to
'Cause I still fucking love you, babe
Sidewalks we crossed
I still hear your voice in the traffic
We're laughing over all the noise
God, I'm so blue, know we're through
But I still fucking love you, babe

-

Harry numbly walks through the front door of his apartment and goes straight to the kettle to make some tea.

As he's filling it up, he hears footsteps.

He turns around instantly, not knowing what to expect, but it wasn't what he saw.

"L-Louis?" He practically whispers.

"Hi, Harry," Louis replies, not much louder.

"W-What are y-you doing here?" Harry asks feeling tears come to his eyes for the umpteenth time that night.

"I-I still have that key you gave me," he said, "I need to talk to you,"

"Why?" Harry asked getting defensive. "Shouldn't you be at home with your girlfriend? Writing her songs and arguing about who knows who better?"

He doesn't want to hear about Louis's new relationship with Eleanor.

Absolutely not.

"Harry-"

"No! Don't do this to me, please, I don't want to know about it," Harry begs as tears start falling down his face at a rapid pace.

Now it was Louis' turn to beg, "Harry, please! Just come sit, this is so important, please,"

Reluctantly, Harry puts the kettle down and follows Louis to the living room. He sits silently and waits for Louis to speak.

"I- me and Eleanor aren't dating, Harry," he whispers, his blue eyes getting glossy.

Harry's head snaps up to look at Louis, "W-What?"

"We aren't together, it- it's all fake," Louis says moving closer to Harry a bit, but not too close.

"But- what?" Harry asks again, this is all very confusing to him.

"I-I'm not meant to be telling you this, but I can't stand seeing pictures of you looking so broken and hearing all about from the boys. They're so mad at me for hurting you, and rightfully so, but I can't keep this from you anymore."

"Explain it to me, Louis, this is all so confusing," Harry said.

Louis took a deep breath and let it out, "Management introduced me to Eleanor. The fans were starting to think me and you were in a relationship – little did they know," he chuckled a little, but it was strained, "They told me I had to break up with you, they threatened me with my family, I couldn't say no, Harry, you have to know that," he said desperately.

Harry gave a small nod, still crying but for different reasons now.

"I had to start spending time with Eleanor in public to make it seem like we were together without confirming it. My deadline to break up with you was three days after it actually happened, I was scared, I wasn't allowed to tell you, and I didn't want to hurt you, but I did so much worse." Now Louis was crying too. "I love you so much, Harry. I know it's selfish of me to ask for a second chance, but please, Harry, I need you, I'm lost without you, I love you,"

Harry looked up, cheeks tear-stained as he looked at Louis.

"I love you, too," he whispered, "Please don't hurt me again," he said, and Louis threw himself at Harry in an instant.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," he chanted over and over again, kissing Harry with every ounce of love he can muster, wanting nothing more than to never let go ever again.

"But what about management?" Harry asked, smiling because he was with his love again, and Louis didn't leave him for Eleanor.

"We find a new one," Louis says, "We tell the boys, but keep it from management until our contract ends in a few months,"

Harry smiled bigger, and kissed Louis deeply, attempting to display all his love, "I love you,"

"I love you so much, baby, and I will until forever,"

-

THE END

As I was writing this book, I got less and less confident in it, so if you liked it, please let me know. X

It was really short compared to my other books and I'm not sure if I'll write another fic based on a song, but we'll see. 

Not sure when I'll be updating my other books, but hopefully soon.

Anyway, stream drivers license by Olivia Rodrigo because it's amazing and emotional and beautiful.