chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

And I know we weren't perfect, but I've never felt this way for no one
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone
Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

-

He audibly scoffs at the thought.

There's no way he'll ever be able to move on from Louis.

He's the love of Harry's life, but Harry just isn't the love of his.

The thought of moving on from Louis almost hurts as much as the reality that they aren't together anymore. He's had a few past relationships, but he's never felt the way he feels about Louis for anyone else.

Which is another cause of Harry's current pain.

Louis didn't feel the same.

He's happily parading around his new girlfriend with heart eyes and big smiles while Harry spends his time crying in his apartment or his car.

A song Harry recognises all too much comes on the quiet radio, and it's enough to make Harry break and have to pull over again.

-

"Baby!" Louis calls from Harry's bedroom.

The latter was going to make tea, and Louis saw it as the perfect opportunity to set up and finally show Harry the song he's been working on for a while.

"Two seconds, Lou!" Harry shouted making Louis roll his eyes fondly.

More than two seconds later, Harry walked into the room with two cups of tea.

"What's this, babe?" Harry asked when he saw Louis was holding a guitar.

He placed both cups of tea on his nightstand and sat on the bed in front of Louis.

"I've been working on this for a bit, and I wanna show it to you," Louis said, "I'm thinking of showing it to the band and maybe we can record it."

Louis started strumming the guitar and Harry instantly smiled. He'd never heard the tune before, but Louis was just a really talented guitarist.

By the second verse, Harry had a feeling it might've been about him, but when Louis got to the chorus, his thoughts were confirmed.

"I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
All I can do is say that these arms
Are made for holding you, oh-oh
I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were 18"

Harry felt tears come to his eyes as he watched his boyfriend sing to him.

When the song ended Harry wasted no time in moving the guitar and diving into Louis' arms.

When he pulled back Louis cupped his face in his hands and wiped his tears away with his thumbs.

"Y-You love me?" Harry asked as he kept sniffling.

Louis smiled, "Yeah," he whispered softly, "I have since X-Factor, and I will until forever,"

Harry kissed him and Louis instantly deepened it.

"I love you too," Harry said after pulling back.

Louis smiled wetly and pushed Harry down on the bed, hovering over him, "Let me show you just how much I love you, baby," he whispered, looking into Harry's eyes.

"Please, Lou,"

-

Harry remembered that clearly too, of course, he did, it was the first time he and Louis said they loved each other and the first time they made love instead of just having sex.

But now as Harry listens to the lyrics it just hurts more.

Because Louis doesn't feel that way about him anymore.

Now he's not even sure if Louis cares about him at all.

And that hurts the most.

-

I'm really not sure if this is any good or not, this is the fastest I've written a book before and it might be complete shit.

This flashback happened a year and a half before present time.

Anyway, thoughts?

Theories?