CHAPTER 33

CORA

Once in the backyard, us three mates turn to not see them strip. With our backs turn, we hear the bones breaking along with the grunts and groans. I am so not looking forward to that. We hear the low growls and turn around. Standing before us are three large wolves. Course the black wolf is slightly bigger than the other two. I mean duh, he is the Alpha after all.

"Who is who?" Topher asks, sounding slightly afraid.

"The black one is Max. He is the biggest because he is the Alpha. The rusty one is Zeke. The grey buff looking one is Tiny. That's because he is a warrior wolf. They are huskier than other wolves."

Topher raises his shaky hand, and Tiny slowly creeps over to him. Tiny nuzzles his hand and pants like a puppy. Topher giggles, a good sign. Tiny then rubs into Topher's side and licks his face, making him giggle even more. Tess and Zeke are nestled into each as well. I stand there scratching behind Max's ear.

Topher turns to me with a smile that soon turns into a smirk. "Now you." I jump a little and stop petting Max. Me? Me what? "Energy ball."

I gulp. I haven't been able to do on command. "I can't. It only happens when I am mad."

"Come on babe. You can do it. Concentrate," buzzes Max. I sigh and grunt.

I look out into the woods and concentrate on a tree. I close my eyes and think of the things that have made me angry. That's easy. Tess and me getting kidnapped, my parents being killed, the guy who broke into my house, and all the bullshit I have had to deal with in my life. Soon enough the anger had built up and I felt the tingles in my hand. I opened my eyes, and I threw my hand out as if I was throwing a baseball. Sure enough, there was white ball flying straight into a tree.

I jumped up and down, screaming and clapping. I felt someone pick me up and swing me around. I heard more clapping along with howls and whistles. When I was put back down on the ground, I saw the person who picked me up. I couldn't believe it was Topher. I would have thought for sure it was Max. Nope. He is still a wolf.

"That was awesome! Please don't ever hit me with one of those. That looks like it might hurt." He laughs. He is actually laughing?

"No worries. I will never be at war with you babe."

The guys shift back and put their clothes on. Again, they head to their prospective mates. Tiny wraps his arms around Topher and he stiffens for a quick second before melting into Tiny's chest.

"How are you feeling Topher? Are you okay with all this?"

He shakes his head. "Cora, you have been my best friend so long, this is just another list of weirdness that I love about you."

I scoff in fake hurt. "Weirdness? I think I am pretty awesome, thank you."

He chuckles at my fake broken heart. "You are. I wouldn't change you for anything. So, what happens now?"

"Well, if you except your mate, then you would complete the mating ritual," Max states.

"Which is?" asks Tess with a raised brow.

I clear my throat because I am the only one that knows, well out of the three of us that is. "Um, you have to have sex and he will bite you during...release," I answer while biting lip.

Tess and Topher gulp. They have stunned expression making them look so innocent. Topher instantly reaches for his neck and rubs it. Tess, well, she looks at my neck and smirks. Yeah, I am not clueless. I have the bruises to prove it.