CHAPTER 36

CORA

I looked around the woods and my vision was better than before, before. If that makes sense. I looked down at what was once my feet and saw paws. I danced them around a bit in excitement. I also saw tattered bits of fabric. Aw hell. I forgot to remove my clothes. Oops!

I then saw Max with the biggest grin on his face. I walked or trotted or whatever we wolves do, over to him. I nudged him with my head. I then lapped at his hand with my tongue. I could taste him. That was weird. I started prancing around him, yipping. I wanted him to shift too.

"Alright. Let's test your legs." He smiled.

I watched as he stripped out of his clothes. Even in wolf form, I was getting aroused. Could he smell my arousal in this form? I got my answer when he turned with a smirk. I dropped in my head in embarrassment. Goddess, how does long this last?

"I will take things slow at first, okay?"

I looked at him and sneered. How dare he treat me as if I am child riding a bike for the first time. I growled at him and took off running. I knew where I was from when I ran with Liam. I basically took the same route. Running on all fours was weird but not difficult. It was as if I had always been running on all fours.

I felt free, exhilarated, happy, carefree, and just...one with myself finally. I was fast. The visions that passed me as I ran were nothing but a blur. My paws were pounding the dirt beneath me like a hammer into a nail. The dust flying behind me like a truck on a dirt road. I felt amazing.

I ran to the stream that I have seen countless time in my dreams and stopped. I walked over to the water and gaped at my reflection in the water. I was jet black, with almond-colored eyes that had specks of forest green swirling in them. So not like my natural color. I was just as big as Max. On my chest was a white patch in the form of what could only be described as the moon. It was perfectly round, but in the middle of that moon was another shape, a crown?

Max finally caught up with me at the stream. I barely noticed his arrival due to my trance. "You sure are a fast one." He laughed. I didn't reply. "Hey, you okay?"

My reply only came after he nudged me with his snout. "Oh, yeah. Uh, hey, do you see my chest? Ever see anything like it before?"

I turn so he can examine my coat. His mouth drops slightly. "That is an odd shape."

"So, you see it too then?" I ask cautiously.

"If you mean the moon and a crown, then yes. I have never seen anything like it."

"What do you think it means or if anything at all?"

"I do not know. Why don't we go ask my dad? Maybe he will know."

We ran towards his house. When we broke through the trees, people, and those in wolf form, took notice. Max instantly growled at anyone who attempted to look my way. Zeke and Tiny quickly ran over to us. They had no clue who I was and looked at us with questionable glances.

I am guessing Max told them who I was because the next thing I knew, I was being attacked. Hugs around my body and tugs at my ears and tail. Seriously? Who are these morons? Such children I swear.

We headed for the house and I stopped when Max shifted back. Um, I sort of shredded my clothes. Max stared at me confused until it donned on him what the problem was. He ran inside and grabbed some of the clothes his mother had for me. When he came back, he also had his mother and father with him.

When they saw me, they both gasped. The each of them examined my wolf form. Running their hands through my fur, staring into my eyes which honestly was a little weird, and examining my marking. Bryan nodded and clicked his teeth a lot. "Let's head inside," he says out of nowhere.