Brooklyn Mae Karev

Alex's POV:
Me and my daughter moved to Seattle about two years ago. And Today is my first day as a surgical resident at Seattle Grace Hospital. I have a three-year old daughter, named Brooklyn but I had planned to keep my daughter a secret for awhile, it's bad enough I got judged for being so young, but I needed to just keep to myself and stick to work. My job is to provide for Brooke, and be there for her, not make friends, however I already had. I start getting ready for the day and then head to Brooke's room to wake her up. I see her peacefully sleeping and I smile. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and she's my whole world. I squat down to her bed and lightly rub her head and start to wake her up.
Alex- Brookie...*says softly moving her hair out of her face* come on bubba...
Brooke starts to stir and she flutters her eyes open, she notices me and reaches towards me
Brooke- daddy! *rubs eye, sucks on binki, and hold arms out*
Alex- *picks her up* hey bubba, how was your sleep?
Brooke- *slightly nods into his neck*
I bring her to the bathroom and pull off her pants and place her on the toilet, to go to the bathroom. She goes and starts to rub my stubble of a beard on my chin and lightly giggles. I get her dressed, into a yellow dress, and do her hair in pigtails. She still has her binki, which has become an attachment thing for her, she was diagnosed with anxiety and the binki is a comfort object for her so I allow her to use it.
Alex- ready to eat?
Brooke- yes!
I place her in her high chair, and strap her in, I also take her binki and put it in my bag in case she needs it later. I place eggs on her plate and she begins to eat with her hands, and I smile at her cuteness.
Brooke- look daddy! *she holds up the egg*
Alex- *laughs* I see baby!
After she's done I clean her up and pack her bag up.
Alex- remember what daddy told you, your going to be in daycare right around the corner from where I work. I'll be back for you after work okay?
Brooke- are you gonna save lives daddy?!?
Alex- yes princess I am.
Brooke- that's so cool daddy!
Alex- thank you Brooke, let's get into the car.
I buckle her in her car seat and kiss her forehead. I get into the front seat and start driving, I am stopped at a red light and Brooke seems nervous and is fidgeting.
Alex- baby girl what's wrong?
Brooke- I wanna stay with you!
Ever since her mom left us, she has had separation anxiety, and the doctors said she should grow out of it, but it's getting worse and I hate to see her like this.
Alex- I know baby but I have to work and you get to go play with other kids
Broke- *starts to cry* no I stay with you daddy!
I sigh, and reach for her binki in my bag and place it in her mouth.
Alex- shh...baby calm down...if you are good we can go get ice cream after okay?
Brooke-*sniffles* okay...daddy
We get to her daycare and I pick her up and take her binki and put it away in my bag. I carry her in and stop right outside the door. I bend down to her level and look into her eyes, she won't let go of me and I feel her grip tighten.
Alex- baby I have to go now
Brooke- no daddy...
One of the caretakers notices what's going on and comes over.
Alex- Brooke we talked about this I'll be back and we will go get ice cream
Brooke- no please bring me with you... *cries*
Her caretaker picks her up and starts to try and calm her down. I pull out her binki and place it in her mouth.
Alex- shh..baby I'll be back after work *kisses forehead* bye Brookie
I watch as I leave she is thrashing around in the caretakers arms trying to come and be with me, she's screaming 'daddy, come back' and it makes my heart want to break. I would take her to the daycare at the hospital but I really would rather not people know about Brooke it keeps her safe. And create less drama. I pull up to the hospital, get out and go to the resident locker room. Once I walk in I see Meredith, April, and Jackson, and I go and make a snarky comment. It's honestly my defense mechanism, so no one will want to get close to me. After the day, all the residents asked if I wanted to go to the bar with them but I said no, mainly because of Brooke and also I can't drink. I arrive at her daycare and rush in to pick up my baby. I see her crying in the corner of the room, and I begin to worry. I run over to her and pick her up and rock her.
Alex- hey Brookie...what's wrong?
Brooke- daddy! *cries into my neck*
Caretaker- she hasn't stopped crying since you left, we have tried everything.
Alex- okay, just next time call me!
I turn and walk to my car with Brooke still clinging to me and crying. I realize she won't easily go into her car seat so I sit in the front seat and cradle her.
Alex- baby calm down okay? I'm here, I told you I would come back
Brooke- daddy...you left
Alex- I just had to go to work baby, I'll always come back for you
Brooke- promise?...
Alex- promise
I buckle her into her car seat and place her binki in her mouth, and I start driving home. Once we arrive I feed Brooke, and bathe her, and put her to bed before going to bed myself.