Secret is Out

Alex's POV:
It's been a couple months and I have been able to keep Brooke a secret so far, pretty well. I am making her breakfast, when I hear her crying. I go up to her room and see her in her bed crying. (Her bed is high up so she can't get out of it by herself)

 (Her bed is high up so she can't get out of it by herself)

Alex- hey baby...
I pick her up, place her binki in her mouth and kiss her forehead
Alex- let's get dressed Brooke okay?
She nodded and I changed her into a flowered sundress

I pick her up, place her binki in her mouth and kiss her foreheadAlex- let's get dressed Brooke okay?She nodded and I changed her into a flowered sundress

After she ate I took her to daycare and went to the hospital. Once I got to the hospital I got paged by Arizona cause I'm on her service for the week. At last it was lunch and I am sitting at a table with Meredith, April, and Jackson.
Meredith- so, Jackson and April are dating now?
I roll my eyes, not wanting to talk about love lives.
April- yeah... *she says awkwardly*
Jackson- listen we're happy and I already talked to Stef and she is happy, so it's fine
Alex- so have you done it yet?
Jackson almost choked
Jackson- ALEX!?
April- no no, it's fine. We did it once
Alex- I'm out
I leave the table and go to check on some of my patients
Meredith's POV:
I saw Alex leave and I felt bad he doesn't really seem to have a love life and I also knew he wasn't as much of an asshole as he came off as. Suddenly we all got paged to the pit for an emergency. We all ran down, there.
Meredith- what happened?!
I asked as we were getting gowned
Owen- fire at the daycare around the corner
April- were there a lot injured?!
Bailey- yes...a lot of little kids so please be gentle, and stay calm
I was shocked, the kids were probably terrified, I couldn't imagine if it were my kid. The ambulances pull in and we get to work. I run up to an ambulance with April and the paramedic starts talking.
Paramedic- 4 or 5 year old girl, was trapped in the room where the fire started, we found her under the bookshelf that fell. She's been in and out of consciousness the whole ride here.
I looked at the little girl and my heart just about broke, which is strange because I've never felt this way about a kid before. I see her eyes start to flutter open.
Meredith- hey sweetie your okay...can you try and tell us your name?
???- Br-broo-Brooke *she says weak and in a lot of pain*
We continue to wheel her into the hospital and Bailey tries to keep her awake by asking her questions
Bailey- okay Brooke can you tell us if you know where your parents would be?
Brooke- dad-daddy s-saves li..lives
I freeze is her dad a doctor? Bailey looks at me and April worriedly.
April- do you know where your dad works?
I can see April feels the same way as I do weirdly about this kid.
Brooke- ca-can't re-rember ex-exactly bu-but there's a grac-grace in it-it's and-name, li-like the-there is in mi-mine *she stutters out*
Bailey- is it Seattle Grace?
Brooke- yea-yeah, I h-hurt, an-and I wan- want dad-daddy! *she starts to cry in pain*
We wheel her, into a private room and they hook her up to oxygen. Almost every doctor is in her room.
Bailey- does anyone know, a doctor here that has a little girl? *she says loudly*
Jackson- wait her dad works here?!
Meredith- yeah that's what she told us
Alex's POV:
After I left the lunch table I went and check on the babies and then I got a page to the pit but I have to finish the work up I was writing. Once I'm finished I run down to the pit and see a lot of little kids , then I spot one of the daycare workers from Brookes school. I rush over.
Alex- Marie what happened? is Brooke okay?!
Marie- Alex, Brooke is badly hurt she kept asking for you
Alex- shit! Where is she?
I can't imagine Brooke hurt, and I was worried about her anxiety.
Marie- they took her into that room *she points to room 3*
Alex- thank you
I run over to the room and see almost all the doctors in there, and then I see Brooke freaking out about all the people trying to touch her.
Alex- GUYS MOVE AWAY FROM THE BED! *i shout*
I run over to her bed and gently move her face so her eyes meet mine, and I ignore the strange looks I'm getting.
Alex- clam down Brooke, your okay, I'm here
She can't speak cause it hurts and I can tell so I gently rub her forehead to show her she's safe.
Alex- Mer put the mask back on her now
She does and I nod to Bailey to continue trying to get the IVs in, and she does that too.
Almost everyone has left except the doctors I knew, personally. (Derek, Owen, Webber, Arizona, Jackson, April, Callie, and Meredith)
When I see the medicine has knocked her out I turn to all the doctors who have concerned, confused, and bewilderment looks on there faces.
Alex- *exhales* she has anxiety, and ADHD, so with everyone on top of her it freaks her out
Jackson- how did you know that?
Derek- more importantly, how did you clam her down that fast?
Meredith- no way!
Everyone turns to look at Meredith, questioning her statement.
Meredith- your...
Webber- spit it out Mer!
Meredith- your her father!?
I slightly nod and turn and look at Brooke who is knocked out on the bed. Everyone's eyes go wide.
April- wait you have a kid!?
Jackson- that's why you never come out with us to Joe's?!
Webber- that and he couldn't drink, when he was an intern
Everyone- WHAT?!?
Alex- thanks Richard... *i slightly mutter*
Webber- wait you never told them?!
Alex- no but now I have to... alright let's get this over with, I'm 22, and now can legally drink, and I have a 4 year old daughter named Brooklyn but I call her Brookie.
Everyone stands there in shock while Bailey and a couple of the nurses are checking Brooke over.
Callie- wait how are you 22 and an resident, that's like impossible!
Alex- I went to college at 16, before Brooklyn. Then I took classes in the summer too, to graduate early cause I knew I needed a good job to support Brooklyn, once she was born. So I only focused on Brooklyn, by myself, and school, then I emailed Richard and he agreed to hire me even though I was young.
Webber- he had a great resume and many recommendations, but I didn't know about the kid
Alex- cause if I told you, you might have not hired me just like the 10 other places I applied for.
April- but wait where's her mother?
I froze, and began to become angry before calming myself down.
Alex- she left Brooke, and me, so Brooke doesn't know her, and don't mention it around her.
Jackson- so you've been raising a child by yourself and working almost 12 hour shifts at the hospital?
Alex- I drop her off at daycare and then drive here and pick her up at like 8, or if I have to stay I ask Marie, her teacher to take her home and I pay her extra.
Meredith- I still can't believe you kept this a secret...
Alex- well I didn't want Brooke to meet anyone to keep her safe the less anyone knew the less harm that would come to her. Plus, I didn't need anymore judgement, then I already get by just taking her to the park or grocery store.
Everyone was still shocked.
Arizona- Alex I know this is hard but can you tell me when you noticed the anxiety?
Alex- umm...I think it was when she was about 3, she wouldn't leave my hold and then I took her to a pediatrician and they said she would grow out of it. But I don't think thats true being as though it's the same fight every morning when she goes to school
Owen- how about the ADHD?
Alex- well she doesn't ever sit still, and I noticed she hadn't really been paying attention when we read or anything. So I took her to the doctors and they diagnosed it, but it's affecting her growth, she still uses binkis and can't go on the toilet, but other than that, especially in school, she's ahead of everyone else.
Callie- wow...
No one knew what to respond to that so they didn't
Bailey- Alex, she's in pretty bad shape. There was a fire and she was trapped in the room for awhile her lungs are weak, and she has burns everywhere
Alex- ...ok-okay....um when will she be up?
My question was answered when I heard her little voice.
Brooke- da-daddy?... *her voice is raspy*
I rush over to the bed and rub her forehead
Alex- hey Brookie...your okay I'm here
Brooke- di-did th-the o-others get-get h-hurt?
I slightly smiled at how caring for others she is
Alex- some...but they are all alive, and will get better okay?
Brooke slightly nodded, but then winced and try to touch her head. I grabbed her hand and looked to Derek in concern. He came over.
Derek- hey Brooklyn...I'm Dr. Shepard, I'm a friend of your daddy's can I check your head, really quickly?
Brooke looked to me with scared eyes
Alex- he'll be quick, just relax okay?
Brooke- okay...
Derek shined a light in her eyes and did a check up of her whole head
Derek- we should probably get a CT to make sure...
Alex- okay, Brooke?
She looked at me scared and started making grabby hands for me. I sighed.
Meredith- Hey Brooke I'm Meredith, how about I come with you, since your daddy can't?
Alex- it's okay Brooke she won't hurt you, she is one of my friends okay?
Brooke- yes...
I kissed her head and watched them wheel her out.
I broke down on the floor and cried after they took her to CT.
Meredith's POV:
I was walking besides Brookes bed, and I see her silently crying.
Meredith- Derek, wait stop.
I bend down and speak to her.
Meredith- hey Brooke, how about you hold onto my hand while we walk so you can calm down okay?
Brooke- okay... *she whispered*
I held her hand and rubbed circles on the back of it.
We got to the room and me and Derek carefully lifted her and placed her on the machine and she started to freak out.
Brooke- no, no! I want daddy! *she was screaming and crying*
Derek- hey Brooklyn, look at me *he says softly*
Brooke looked at him.
Derek- you will see your daddy as soon as we're done. Now I'm going to move this back but I want you to talk to Meredith okay, she won't leave you.
Brooke- I want daddy! Please!