Chapter 4

"Lighten up ! it was not your fault" Becky regarded at her glum looking friend, and not for the first time.

Aril knew too well that everyone in the cafeteria was talking about what had happened in the school parking lot this morning. The sneaky glances people kept shooting towards her and the silver-haired boy who always sat at the farthest table in cafeteria confirmed as much.

'It has become everybody's favorite topic of conversation. Fabulous ! just what I wanted' Aril though sarcastically.

"I'm responsible in a way, you know," She said dryly

" If it hadn't been for me, Harold wouldn't have to be in detention after school today"

" Don't beat yourself over it you had no clue that Simon would act like a jerk "Becky said taking a bite off her hot dog and as an afterthought added "But then again has always been a jerk"

Aril couldn't agree more besides them the entire school knew it as a fact and it was not for the first time she wished she had never met that jerk.

She and Simon had dated a couple of years ago despite Caroline's warnings to not to do so.

" He is not bad, He is actually a nice guy people just misunderstand him" Had been her words.

"Naah, you are too innocent to understand him but he is bat shit crazy"

Later, It turned out that he really was and despite Aril's best efforts to end things with him as sensibly and as nicely as she could he was far from being sensible about anything he screamed and yelled at her and when it didn't work and she still showed no signs of coming back to him he spread nasty rumors about her.

Though she felt hurt she didn't react to them either and chose to ignore them as well. It took more than a couple of months for the rumors to die down and eventually they did.

But Simon still gave her the stink eye whenever they happened to pass each other in school hallways or cafeteria.

Aril had long ago learned that when it came to Sam ignorance was the best policy.

Today's morning began just like every other morning. Waking up, brush, bath, breakfast and finally out of the house and driving straight to school.

As usual, there was a long line of cars in front of her as she entered the parking lot but there was no way she wasn't going to crib about it today since Harold's car was ahead of her and she could see his reflection clearly from his rearview mirror.

His windows were rolled down, his hair was wind ruffled and the black T-shirt he was wearing was a striking contrast to his silver colored hair and eyes. Aril thought if the owners of the brand of clothes he was wearing were any wiser they would sign him up to model for their brand right here in the school parking lot.

She smiled slightly at the music of the song 'Stereo hearts ' coming from his car. Though it was a pretty old song it was one of her favorite songs.

A few minutes later the line had begun moving forward.

Now, this is the part were Aril felt like she was in an action flick.

Everyone frantically driving their cars to find a good and convenient spot for parking.

Scan the area.