Chapter 2

FIRST PERIOD

Calculus

'There should be a law against teaching this subject so early in the day ' Aril thought dryly

She hated the subject and her best friend Caroline  hated it too.

Though Caroline didn't live in the same town anymore they were in touch with each other over the phone on daily basis. She was really close to Caroline when she had to go away Aril thought she would never be able to make friends again, they had been together since kinder garden days but then Becky came along though she joined in the middle of the school year only four months ago Aril was surprised how close they had become within such a short time , though nobody would ever replace Caroline Becky had become her immediate next best friend.

With her short pixie cut jet black hair and same colored black eyes that where always full of mischief Becky was the craziest and the most fun-loving girl she had ever met.

Becky had been the focus of everybody's attention in school since she came until the two new students transferred here and the entire school's attention shifted to them. They were both gorgeous to look at and rich (the two expensive cars that were in the parking lot belonged to them) Since Erenville is a small town the news of these boys arrival spread like wildfire

Harold Rustleworth and Blackslee.

The first period ended but not before the teacher gave them homework making the entire class groan but the teacher as usual refused to take any mercy on them.

" What are you going to do about the homework?" Aril asked Becky as they walked out of the class because she knew Becky sucked at Cal as much as she did and skipping the homework was no option since Mr. Benedict was very strict about homework and assignments

"Don't worry Emma will be giving us her homework" Becky said with a wink.

Aril arched an eyebrow at her , Emma was a bookworm she was a genius but of the annoying kind the ones who could solve questions of any type but refused to share the solutions with anybody.

" How on earth will you manage to convince her to give us her homework?"

"I don't have to convince her  I have my ways"Becky smiled conspiratorially  as they parted ways to go to their next class.

Aril had Spanish

The teacher hadn't come in yet and the class was filled with noises.

This was one of the two classes she shared with him.

More than once she had had seen him looking at her she could feel his eyes on her now as well and something about his gaze always made her thrilled as well as physically nervous.

As discreetly as she could she looked over her shoulder hoping stupidly that her hair would hide her , but no , he was looking directly back at her. Unlike most of the guys who would look away or drop their gaze at being caught staring he looked straight  back at her, not a hint of embarrassment or denial as he held her eyes with his own.

She couldn't tear her eyes away from him and he refused to let her go.

" Morning students" The teacher walked in claiming everybody's attention in the classroom and taking advantage of the distraction Aril broke the eye contact , Forcing herself to look away from him.