Chapter 3

Aril had found out a delicious chicken recipe on the internet and right now she was in the kitchen trying to make it.

Once in a while she made something new and special because Laurel was a big foodie(though it never showed on her amazing body) and nothing would delight her more than eating a new dish.

She looked down at all the stuff that she would need to cook with and satisfied with the ingredients she began.

Her cell phone rang and she picked it up placing it between the crook of her shoulder and neck as she carried on with her cooking

"Hi, Caroline "she said cheerfully though she and her best friend talk almost every day that didn't reduce how happy she felt whenever she heard her voice.

"Me grand, What's up with you?"

" Nothing much same stuff at home and school"

"I miss school so damn much this new school sucks"

" Don't worry you will settle in after few days" It had hardly been a full month since Caroline had left this town

"I don't want to" Selene said frustrated " The girls here are either bitchy or nerdy and if they are not in either of these categories , then they are crazy! and even the guys here are boring, you know actually...."she paused taking a breath "I guess I even forgot how good looking guys look like"

Aril rolled her eyes suppressing a chuckle, trust Caroline to go all dramatic.

" Don't worry you will find some good guy"

"I don't know but right now I have no motivation to go to school"

Caroline was pissed off. Aril could almost visualize her curly haired friend holding the cell phone to her ear with a really grim expression on her pretty and olive colored face

" Relax,you will find some motivation " Motivation in Caroline's dictionary meant a guy with dashing looks.

" Easy for you to say" She said a teasing tone creeping into her voice " How is the silver haired hottie?"

Aril had talked to Caroline a lot of times about Harold. It din't take a genius to figure out that Aril had a huge crush on him and Caroline was no idiot so aside from figuring it out she also took up the liberty of nicknaming him.

" Hot as ever"Aril said into the phone smiling "I also have his pic"

" Really?" Caroline shrieked into the phone excited she was really eager to see this guy who Aril had described a thousands of times as hot,gorgeous,blah,blah,blah...She wanted to see the photo and then decide for herself.

" Yes" Thanks to Becky who was a pro at sneaking she had secretly clicked his pic when he wasn't looking . Though he hadn't been aware of it the camera had captured his sharp masculine angles , chiseled features and unusually colored eyes and hair perfectly.

"Send " Caroline demanded.

"I will but right now.....I will have to hang up, I have to take care of cooking"

Caroline groaned "Fine, hang up for now but if you don't send me the pic in the next ten minutes I'm going to bombard your phone with calls and non sense messages and then I will burn down your house"

Arill laughed over the dramatic threat and then hung up knowing that hanging up without informing would drive Caroline crazy but once in a while she loved pulling her best friend's leg.

Caroline glared at her phone

Forget ten minutes,Aril now had only five minutes now and if those were up she would......

Her phone buzzed,

The photo

Her eyes widened and got stuck over her mobile's screen . She knew the guy was silver haired thanks to Aril. She was expecting to see white dull hair or head full of oddly beached hair but not this....nothing about his hair looked dull or bleached out.

They were silver, eerie yes but ridiculously attractive too as they messily hung over his forehead his eyes where the exact color of his hair.

Silver and strange yet it didn't seem odd or weird on this guy.

He was exotic looking, something surreal.

Perfect features, perfect face.

Caroline blinked this guy was not hot, He was hotness personified with a capital H.

Her fingers flew over the keypad of her touch screen mobile.

Few seconds later Aril looked down at her screen and giggled rolling her eyes.

"Holy smokes! Aril where do they manufacture guys like these? Date him! Date him! Date him! Because if you don't do it i'll do it "beside it were the heart eyed emojis.

Laurel couldn't stop praising Aril for her culinary skills all through the dinner . She had really loved the chicken.

"I wish I could cook like you or Dad" She spoke wishfully . Once,she had tried to cook when their dad was out for some business work and the neighbors had almost rang up the fire fighting department.

I was a good thing Aril took after her dad when it come to cooking.

Apart from sucking at cooking (and the unkind methods which she used to wake up Aril)she was the best and the kindest sister anyone could ask for.

Finishing her dinner Aril headed off to work on her homework and then jumped into bed.

She fell asleep pretty quickly.

The moon peeked from behind the blanket of clouds casting a pale gloomy light. The rain was pelting her face and drenching her as she was running inside the dark woods.

Searching for someone

Despite the rain or the darkness of the night she didn't stop , her frantic eyes darting to the trees in front of her in hopes of seeing the person.

She pauses seeing the river in front of her . It cuts across the earth like a deep scar and despite the drops of rain striking its surface constantly it was eerily still as the dark watery surface of it dimly reflecting the pale moon up in the sky.

She glances around trying to find a way to cross the river but the movement in the river catches her eye......movements from under the river.

Her eyes widen and a scream gets stuck in her throat when she sees a monstrous three headed beast dark as night emerge from the river.

Six pairs of huge greenish-yellow colored eyes looking straight AT HER .

Aril bolts right up from her sleep her heart racing and sweat all over her face as she frantically looks around.

' My room ' She recognizes her familiar surroundings and tries to calm herself down.

'I'm safe ,I'm safe......it was just a bad....dream...just a dream'

Shakily she lowers herself back into the bed and pulls up the sheets.

'Just a dream' she repeats to herself again but it takes more than few minutes for her heart to pick up a normal steady rhythm as closing her eyes she struggles to fall back into sleep.

That was the first night she had that dream.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Raise your hands if you like eating chicken as much as I do !!  ; )

No offense to all the vegetarians out there......

Any guesses what the creature  can be ?

Please comment and don't forget to vote  : )