Jetlag

Jennie's POV

"How are you love? Look, its the London eye. You always wanted to ride it, right? I miss you so much. Hope to see you soon. Love you."

"Hey love. Just finished my exams. So stressed. Wish you were here to give me energy. Anyways, I got to go. I got practice. Chat you later. I love you."

"Good morning love. Off to buy some groceries with mom. Bree misses you. Dont forget to eat your breakfast. I love you."

"Hi love. We won the game!! I'm so happy I could just hug you right now. Well, gotta fly. There's a victory party at coachs house. Love you."

"Hey babe. Ill talk to you later. I got practice. Bye."

"I'm kinda busy right now. Talk to you later."

That all happened a year ago. Time really flies so fast.

Its been a year since he last texted me. I don't freaking know what happened to him. I tried contacting his family but no one answered.

*SLAM!*

"Lisa, I told you to knock first before entering and could you please stop slamming the door?" I rolled my eyes at Lisa who was still trying to catch her breath.

"Sorry okay? I just got so excited. I got news for you!!" she shirked but tuned down, "But I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing." she added nervously.

"Just spill that out, will you? I still got a lot of stuff to work on." I said and continued to sketch new designs for my upcoming fashion show....

"He's back." She said.

"Who?" almost done...

"Jungkook's back from London, Jen."

What?

"I'm sorry, can you repeat what you just said?" please tell me I heard it wrong

"Jungkook's back and Jimin's hosting a welcome back party for him" she paused for a second and added, "And you're invited."

_______________________________________________________

"I told you I didn't want to come to this shitty party, Lalice." I said while frowning at Lisa who was busy fixing my outfit.

"Oh don't be silly, Jen. I'm sure they'd be glad to see you. You've been very busy and couldn't even go to a single party they arranged. They must miss you so much. I think its time for you to make it up to them." I think Lisa is right. Maybe thinking about Jungkook too much made me forget about my friends.

"Yah you're right. I think I also need to unwind a bit." I said and smiled at her.

"That's the spirit, Jen. Now come on, they're waiting." And the she dragged me towards the house.

When we reached the door, she suddenly stopped.

"Wtf Lalisa? Why'd you stop?" I said madly because who wouldn't get angry if you suddenly bump your nose into someone's back?

"Wait before anything else, Jen, I want you to know that I love you so much bestfriend and seeing you at your worse hurt me so much. I guess it's time for you to be happy, Mandu. Congrats." she said while she opened the door and push me inside.

Wait what did she say??

Her words left me dumbfound.

It was dark inside the house. Wait a minute I thought there was a party?Suddenly...

*click*

A trail of fairy lights started to appear on the floor leading to the backyard.

I slowly followed it and boom

There I saw, at the gazebo, the love of my life.

My Kookie...

...down on his knees holding a beautiful ring inside a velvet box.

Slowly, I walked towards him with teary eyes. I stopped when he suddenly spoke.

"Jennie." He started, "I know I left a big scar inside your heart the day I started to ignore you. I'm sorry babe. I thought that a perfect girl like you didn't deserve a jerk like me. I thought, maybe you could find the right guy destiny wants you to have but fuck destiny. I love you so damn much and I'll fight for you whatever it takes. I could never live without you in my life, Jen. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me, Love?" he added with tears falling from his eyes.

The sight of that made me tear up.

I ran towards him, hugged him, and said while crying my heart out, "Yes I'll marry you, you jerk."

I could hear the cheers of all the people around us but I didn't care. I miss this guy so much.

"Wait... why did you propose to me all of a sudden?" I asked.

"I wasn't planning on proposing to you right now, I wanted it to be perfect and romantic but Jetlag happened babe." He answered.

"Huh? Jetlag? What do you mean?" I am so confused right now.

He held my head, faced me and said, "When the plane landed and I was having my moment of jetlag, I realized that I couldn't afford to lose you anymore. That's why I proposed to you. Good thing I always carry the ring." And kiss me sweetly in front of the crowd.

This sweet jerk never fails to amuse me.