I Would Have You

                                                                                         THE DRAGON

        To say Robb was apprehensive was an understatement. 

Surely he had seen the beast -- dragon -- fly overhead multiple times since it had come to Winterfell, but it was always accompanied by it's rider. He often caught sight of Lyra on her dragon's back for only a moment, the stark contrast of white hair against black scales serving as the indicator. She never ventured too close to the castle, understanding the peoples fear of the beast, and instead flew over the snow-top covered hills and mountains.

He followed the small princess with hesitance, Lyra turning to ensure he was still following and offering a reassuring smile that worked only mildly to ease his turning stomach. It was not that he did not trust Naelyra -- he did -- but beasts were beasts, after all, and if the creature felt protective over it's rider, would it listen to her command to stop if it chose to burn him alive?

"You are walking awfully slow, King of The North," Lyra said, a tilt in her voice to indicate teasing, "do not tell me you are winded already."

"No," Robb exhaled, though he stopped for a brief moment to draw in a sharp gust of icy air causing Lyra to face him with lifted brows. "I'm merely observing our surroundings. I use to venture out here with my brothers and father."

This was the truth, but he was not sure why he had said it without being prompted to do so. Lyra came to stand by his side, looking up at him with a inquisitive expression, "is this where you found your wolf?"

"Yes," He responded, "how'd you know?"

"I see plenty of wolves when I fly over the woods," Lyra said and took him by surprise by looping her arm through his, placing a gloved hand over his elbow and urging him forward. He looked to the hand laying gently on his arm, hesitating before covering it with his own. If she was startled by the gesture, she did not let it pass over her face. 

They continued in silence before the intrusive shrill cries of the beast sounded from above. The figure descended from behind of the snow capped mountains, twisting in a manner that almost resembled dancing before it dove downwards, stirring up the snow around them as it came to land. It continued it's cries, sounding excited to see it's rider. 

He watched Lyra's face, an easy smile appearing onto her face as she detached from his side and greeted the beast as you would a loved one -- she bestowed a few pets to it's snout before pressing into it's side, seeming unphased by the great size of the beast. In response, the dragon nuzzled it's large snout into the girl. 

Robb Stark watched without approaching, wishing that Lyra was back by his side, that he could feel her warmth as he had just moments ago and the gentle flex of her fingers against his. That would provide comfort from the  beast that had finally began to acknowledge his presence slowly, stepping towards him without being prompted.