Chapter 49

Hola mis pequeños munchies! Sorry today's update is hella late, I ended up going for a morning stroll across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was sooo pretty because for once there wasn't fog blocking the view smh. ^So there's an irrelevant picture of the bridge I took LMAO.

Don't forget to comment and vote! I'll try to respond to as many as possible :)

Happy reading my loves

Mila's POV

I was dreading dance today. Absolutely dreading it.

Adam was forcing Ajax and I to work on our competition routines.

In the back of my mind I knew we were very behind and those the weeks left would fly by fast.

I was alone in the studio till 10 when Ajax would come in. That gave me half an hour to work on the choreo for our final dance.

The final routine was stressing me out way more than the others because it had to be perfect.

Yes, I said perfect.

And I hate perfect.

But we would be up against the best team in the world. If we even made it to finals that is.

This morning I barely even made it out of bed.

I fell asleep at 5 in the morning as the sun was coming up and my alarm rang at 8. Thankfully Lena stopped to grab some coffee before coming to the studio.

She was being so helpful, always checking in on me. I was so grateful for her. She brought up the topic of going to a therapist, I could tell she really wanted me to get professional help.

But I was fine. As long as I didn't think about it, it was okay.

Eventually, I began doing front walkovers because I was bored. There was nothing more I could do with the choreo's without Ajax's help.

Suddenly the door squeaked open, and Ajax walked into the studio. For some reason he seemed surprised to see me.

Speak of the devil.

"Hi," he muttered quietly, dropping his dance bag to the floor.

HI? He's saying hi?

I took a deep breath to keep my temper from flaring.

Remember to breath. Calm. Ocean waves.

"Hi," I replied shortly, not sparing him a glance.

He scratched the back of his neck, shifting from foot to foot awkwardly.

"I've done most of the choreo," I informed, grabbing my waterbottle.

He opened his mouth to say something but I pretended not to notice.

"We only have 3 weeks left and we need to get the last routine done. I think we should be okay as long as we have time to perf-"

"Mila," he finally interrupted.

"What?"

"We need to talk."

"No we don't. What's there to talk about?"

"Don't be like that."

"Ajax you're really testing my patience right now and it hasn't even been 5 minutes."

"Look, I'm sorry. I know what I did was stupid and I hurt you and I'm lucky you're even talking to me right now. But it was never my intention to hurt you."