16

WARNING::: I don't know how any army ranking works. Remember this is a work of fiction so just go with the flow even if things like this NEVER happen in real life. Thank you.

/ / /

**Welcome my new OCs

/

/

Rajveer saw that everyone was watching the news very seriously... even BC was there. After observing everyone's tensed reaction, he turned towards the TV and focused on the news. On the news, an army officer seemed to be getting medals and promotion from the President. "Today I'm proud to announce the youngest major general in India!" The President announced with a proud smile. "Presenting Major General Digvijay Suryavanshi, who became Major General at the age of 35,"

Rajveer smiled hearing the news. He felt proud that a fellow army office had achieved such promotion. "Amazing!" Rajveer exclaimed, grinning widely.

The President on the news continued, "The first youngest Major General was General Gopal Gurunath Bewoor who became the Major General at the age of 42 years and 6 months on 27 February 1959. Changing his record, Major General Digvijay Suryavanshi is now the youngest Major General in Indian History!"

"WOW!" Rajveer was really impressed with the man. He noted that even through all the praise he was getting, Major General Digvijay Suryavanshi didn't react even a little.

"Major General Digvijay Suryavanshi, I have decied that I want to fulfill one wish. Tell me what do you want?" Mr. President asked smiling brightly.

"I want to re-check all the cases where an army officer was accused of being a Traitor... and I want the ultimate power to decided what to be done in that matter. No one can question me. If you can give me that, then I'll take your gift gladly... if not, then don't pretend you can fulfill my wishes," M.G. Digvijay Suryavanshi told the President. His sentence was rude but his tone was completely blank.

The President's smile dimmed as he started looking around in confusion. "Why would you want to look in those old cases?" he asked M.G.

"Because aaj se do saal pehle mere paas ek army wife ayi thi and she claimed that her relative, who was accused of being a traitor, was not a traitor. She claimed that he was trapped. Agar ye sach hai to na jane humare kitne innocent army officers deshbhakt hone ki bawajud ek deshdrohi ke naam ko utha rahe hai. That's why I've decided to reopen every case where an army officer was accused of being a traitor. If the accused is innocent, he/she will get their honor back and they or their families will receive the pensions they deserved. If they are traitors, then I'll personally see to their punishments," M.G. Digvijay announced.

Hearing him, Rajveer turned his head and looked at his wife. Seeing Naina's wide eyed expression, he realized that Naina was the army wife M.G. Digvijay was talking about. Respect for M.G. Digvijay increased in Rajveer's heart. The fact that the man even considered about those who were accused of traitor it was more than anyone had done for Naveen and everyone before him. Rajveer was eager to meet the man.

"Alright. As the President of India, I give you full permission to re-open these case. I also give you the ultimate power to decided what to be done on that matter. No one will question you on that. For those cases, only YOU will make the last decision," the President announced. Gasps were heard through out the venue and the academy.

Rajveer watched as the slightest smirk appeared on M.G. Digvijay's face. "Thank you, sir. I won't let you down," he vowed proudly before saluting the President.

Mr. President moved back to let Media ask questions to M.G. Digvijay Suryavanshi. MGDS surveyed the media crowd before pointing as a reporter at the far end of the crowd. "Ask your question," he ordered.