Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 9

Diana had to remind herself that this was her job, and she was 'required' to be polite - no matter how much it hurt her. And it did hurt her. From the amusement playing in Alex's facial features, Diana concluded that it was clear that she was long since over apologizing for her comment the last time they had interacted with each other.

"What would you all like?" Diana asked, bringing out her notepad and clicking on her pen. She found herself wishing that she was back to serving the first group of boys. It had been slightly unnerving feeling their stares on her.

The people at the table began giving their orders and Diana wrote them all down until it was only Alex's she had left.

"What would you like?" Diana looked her in the eyes as she spoke. She hoped her eyes made it clear that she wasn't in the mood for any of Alex's games.

Luckily, it seemed Alex got the message. "I'll take whatever she's having," she said, motioning to the girl that she had her arm around.

Diana simply nodded as she jotted her order down. Now all that was left was the last table. Diana found herself dreading this more as it also happened to be the table that Julia was seated on. Hopefully, they'd all be too drunk to even notice her existence.

However, Diana's hopes had not come to pass as she instantly saw the slight shift in Julia's body language the second that she appeared into view. From the way that she behaved around her, one would think that Julia was the one with the trauma. Diana almost scoffed despite herself, Julia wasn't the one that had to deal with the bullying and the ostracization due to betrayal by her best friend.

"Hey, aren't you that chick?"

It was Stefan that had spoken. He was seated next to Julia.

"What would you like to order?" Diana asked instead, completely ignoring the question.

"Did you follow us here??" It was Gia that had spoken. Oh, Gia.

"Why would I follow you here?" Diana asked even though she knew that she should have just ignored their dumb questions.

"Um, probably because you're like, obsessed with Julia," Gia replied, and the other cheerleaders on the table started to giggle. Diana rolled her eyes, all she wanted was a fucking break.

"You need to stop," Stefan said, speaking up. "Julia's my girlfriend, so you need to back up!"

It honestly was shocking to Diana just how obtuse they all were. "I'm not following your girlfriend. I work here you shit-heads, I'm simply taking your orders. But, since you're not interested..."

"I'll have a chocolate milkshake!" Gia piped up just before Diana walked away. She hesitated for a moment, not at all liking the glint in Gia's eyes before nodding her head and making her way back to the counter.

So many things were going through Diana's head as she put the order together. She did not like the fact that people from her school now knew where she worked, not in the slightest. In a strange way, this had become a sort of sane place to her these past few weeks, the last thing she wanted was them infiltrating it. She hoped desperately that showing up to cafes after parties was not something that they did often.

"Here's your drink," Diana said as she dropped the chocolate milkshake in front of Gia.

Before she could even fully process what was happening, Gia's arm had flown out so the drink was now spilt all over the front of Diana's pants.

"Oops, you should have been a bit more careful," Gia cooed mockingly, "maybe if you hadn't been so busy daydreaming about Julia none of this would have happened."