Chapter 4 - Let Me Help You

The next couple of days between them were,, different. They seemed alot closer which was strange in a way yet nice but it gave a bad feeling in Henry's guts since Patrick was a creep & his father would have his head if he found out that Henry was close with him. Henry wasn't the only one who felt odd though, Patrick felt weird aswell but he couldn't figure out why. For years fifteen infact it had just been him all by himself even though he had friends & family around him his mental illness, soliplism wouldn't let him realise that but whenever he was around Henry it felt different almost real? The last time something had felt real to him it was Avery & he got rid of that problem pretty quickly but with Henry he felt the same feeling he felt around Avery but it was different.. almost nice & less lonely. They still got up to what they usually did but it was a little less rushed & they actually talked more, sometimes they didn't actually do anything they just spent time with eachother either in the junkyard or by the train tracks & even Henry had to admit that he enjoyed it but it just felt so wrong, gay. Even the word made him angry as if he wanted to hit something & just shout whenever he heard it, Patrick was probably the one who said it the most which was a little surprising since Butch had said it to Henry as an insult or a threat rather a bunch of times but whenever even Patrick said it he wanted to rip his tongue out of his mouth & let him bl33d. Things were just so weird & complicated that he didn't even want to have anything to do with them. They were in Henry's room watching a movie since Oscar was still on duty & wouldn't be home for a couple of hours yet. Henry had his head leaning against Patrick's shoulder which felt nice to do.. wrong yet nice. Recently he had been feeling calm around Patrick which was definitely new. As they were watching the movie Patrick was practically zoning out till he remembered the night he found out about Henry's home life. He didn't know about any of that stuff till then although he did have a small idea that something like that was going on since it was a little obvious by how scared Henry would seem whenever Oscar was around but he had just never said anything about it before. Soon enough the movie came to an end & the credits had started rolling "When are you going home?" The blond asked & Patrick just looked down at him "No idea, when do you want me to?" He asked since that seemed like a better question in his opinion & Henry just rolled his eyes at him before getting up "You can stay a little longer if you want but I don't care." He said & Patrick just nodded "How's your back?" He asked referring to the wounds & Henry just shuddered a little bit at the thought of it "Fine" he replied "Can I see?" The raven haired boy asked "Haven't you seen it all already or are you just sick in the head & like seeing human wounds along with animal ones?" Henry asked in an annoyed tone of voice to which Patrick just stared at him & Henry just sighed. "You're such a creep, Patrick." He said which made Patrick smile a little bit, "I just wanna know if you're taking care of yourself properly" he sort of mumbled which made Henry raise a brow at this,, did Patrick actually care?? Surely not. That guy is just weird. "Ofcourse I am, I'm not an idiot" he snapped at him & Patrick sighed, he was taking this as a 'No I don't look after myself' from Henry. "Where's the first aid?" He asked as he then got up "In the cabinet" the blond replied & pointed towards where it was, Patrick nodded in response then walked over towards where Henry had pointed & opened the small cabinet drawers. He took the med kit out then closed the doors & turned around "Sit down" he instructed the blond & he did as told now sitting on his bed & Patrick walked over towards where he was & sat down behind him. The taller teen opened the kit then took out some bandages, plasters & wipes then lifted up the blond's shirt & put it down beside him. He looked at the boy's beaten back now feeling sorry for him like he had the night he found out about this, it was pitiful. A couple of minutes of this & Patrick was actually doing a good job at this which had Henry but surprise since he didn't expect for Patrick to be this caring & careful yet here they were. Ofcourse there were still some errors mostly just Henry being dramatic or Patrick accidentally hurting him but all was still well. "Hey, Pat?" "Hm?" There was a silent pause "Thank you,, for helping I mean" the dark haired male smiled then wrapped his arms around the other from behind & kissed his cheek "No problem." This still didn't sit right with Patrick though, he knew Henry didn't look at him the same way that he looked at him.